Facing this male lead's unreasonable attitude, Lifan had the urge to smack him!

Will it hurt you to act nicely with me for even once?!

He really admired the female lead to endure and live well with this kind of male lead without dying from suffocation.

In the end, the foods were changed. While waiting for the new dishes to be served Muchen suddenly dropped a bomb catching Lifan off guard.

“Advisor Bingyi might get married this year.”

“What?!” Lifan involuntarily exclaimed from the shock.

Seeing his reaction, displeasure was written all over his face. He slightly squinted his eyes as he questioned in a serious tone,”Why are you so surprised?”

Only at this did Lifan realize his mistake thus he quickly corrected himself with a sheepish smile,”I was surprised because the advisor is already 22 years old but he hasn't taken any concubines yet so now that I heard he is going to get married, I was a bit startled.”

Don't even mention Lifan who was startled even One and Two were doubting their ears once they heard this.

How come they have never known that His Highness is going to get married?

To tell the truth, even Tian Bingyi himself doesn't know that he is going to get married ╮(╯▽╰)╭.

All in all, Muchen just threw a fake news so that Lifan would give up on his brother and he would clarify the truth later on.

But now he was seriously considering whether he should really hand down a decree for his brother to take some wives or not.

As for the reason why Lifan didn't suspect that it was actually a lie was because in the later part of the story when Tian Bingyi found out that Tian Muchen set his eyes on Yi Zifeng, he voluntarily withdrew and took a wife showing that he wouldn't compete with Tian Muchen in getting Yi Zifeng’s heart.

The plot didn't talk much about Tian Bingyi so he didn't know that his marriage was actually decided since the beginning of the story!

Calm down, there's still time before his marriage so no need to be rush.

In the worst scenario, he could just kidnap him before he was married off.

While he was thinking, Muchen decided to drop another sentence.

“He already has someone that he likes.”

It took all of his self-control to maintain his normal expression.

Lifan roared inside his head: Tian Muchen! What's wrong with you?! Why everything that you said seems like thorns to me?! Are you my nemesis?!

Lifan didn't even get why he mentioned Tian Bingyi's matter to him in the first place and what irritated him the most was that these things were actually true according to the plot!

In this world, the second male lead got closer to the female lead even before the male lead did! He also fell for the female lead even before the male lead did too!

Recalling what Tian Bingyi said to him last time, Lifan felt a chill rise inside his heart.

Without anyone telling him, he knew that the person who rejected Tian Bingyi was none other than the female lead, herself.

This means that Tian Bingyi already got his interest piqued by her!

In the previous worlds, he always met him before the female lead did so this time he didn't have the confidence to say that his lover wouldn't play his role according to the plot and didn't have any feelings toward the female lead.