8.6 One Plus One Makes Three, Gentlemen

Start from the beginning

But in special circumstances, warmth and cold is nothing for them. The regulated temperature is for the infants who still didn't have the ability to regulate temperature by cultivation.

"Lady Candidate, we will bring you to your room," one of the maids said.

"Please..." Lang Yuan said.

The shadow guards who are tailing Lang Yuan 24/7 also decided to help. They cleared the way in front, making the spectators who are waiting outside make a path. One carried Lang Yuan on his back to fasten the steps. After a few minutes, they are already heading towards the Emperor's room. It's just that when they are about to cross border, a sudden interruption happened.

A fluctuation of energy created a wave making every dragon suffer from severe tinnitus. The maids who have smaller cultivation practices did not fail to fall when the wave touched them. The Shadow Guards who are surprised with the sudden attack surrounded their brother who carried Lang Yuan. Looking around, they remained on position waiting for the attacker to come out.

But who knows that the attacker is so cowardly that he did not only use this trick but also to shoot the shadow guards with pin arrows. This wasn't invention of this world and a product new to the people. One shadow guard tried blocking the pin arrow by his arm. But the sharp metal only penetrated his thick gear and wounded him. Ten seconds after and his mouth started foaming.

There are five shadow guards on duty with the one carrying Lang Yuan. No matter how they wanted to protect the treasure, they were defeated by the pin arrow that was carrying a potent poison. It can't kill a dragon. But it can make them unable to move for days. The four shadow guards that surrounded Lang Yuan was reduced to zero leaving the one carrying him on the center.

Shit, the shadow guard cursed. Ignoring whatever bomb or knife will be thrown to him, he started sprinting for his life. He was sure that the attacker will not harm Lang Yuan but he still made a barrier for the youth. But as what was expected, he also fell down in one knock. Five pin arrows was shoot to him hitting his nape and legs sending more toxic than the four.

His mouth foamed, nose spraying blood, his eyes become bloodshot, and for the last moment enacted another barrier for Lang Yuan before he died in honor. Lang Yuan is now only half conscious and can only feel the harsh movements of the people around him. He was, sadly, thrown to the floor. If not for the shadow guard serving as his cushion, he will land face first to the ground.

Lang Yuan opened his eyes shakily. His vision is no longer clear. The frost is getting closer to his heart. One flick and it will stop from beating. He tried moving his arms, his one hand extending forward. A blurry image of black shoes walking towards him filled his perception. That black shoes stopped before his eyes for a while, then walked to his side. Lang Yuan was turned over by a kick.

The shoes were extended. He's now seeing the complete figure of the man. It was that person, clad in black robes and black cloak, hiding his upper face with a half-black mask. He was smiling sinisterly, looking at Lang Yuan with desire. He crouched down beside his (LY) head to see Lang Yuan's face clearly.

He parted the messy strand of Lang Yuan's hair and tucked them to the side. Smiling, the black masked man brushed the cold cheeks of the youth. The rough gloves rubbing his cheeks made Lang Yuan feel pain, droplets of water forming on the tip of his eyes.

"Hush, don't worry anymore, Yuan-er," he said. "You will no longer feel pain once you drink my blood."

From the start, it was only a set-up. It is to make Lang Yuan suffer as his body digested the blood of Yu XueQin. As the blood of the emperor diminishes, the magnanimous power of the realm will quickly overwhelm the body of the human. Due to Lang Yuan's golden finger (cheat), he still manages to last longer. But there's a limit to what his body can handle. And when the time that peak was reached, the black masked man will get his little prince.