Chapter 8 [Midoriya]

Midoriya P.o.V

"I'm the One for All Mage, and this is my job."

The forest ambience was dark and silent like every creature chose to hide from the pure darkness creature. It was my very first time to see the creature head on.

It was even scarier than how All Might used to tell me.

Its face was distorted beyond imagination. The only thing that let me called it its face was a pair of glinting yellow eyes which shot bloodthirst just by looking at it. Several long razor blade like teeth sprung out from a hole near its eyes. Its body was just like shadow. But even in this darkness, I could see its contour with how it was several darker in shade rather than the night sky. Its body was so big that it loomed over us, blocking the moonlight, my only source of light at the moment.

I tighten my grip on my wooden staff. It was one of the things that All Might left me when he gone. I let fresh air filled my lung. I needed all my voice to let out the One for All power optimally. The Nomu's presence still felt scary but the strange calmness I got kept my mind focus.

"Reinigungsmodus"

The word flew out from my mouth fluently. One for All purification magic was the greatest that it was the only one that could par with the darkest creature by the All for One.

With the activation of the magic, golden mana started flying from all around the forest and started to gather around me forming a transluscent golden gauntlet around my body. With all the training I had done with All Might I could stay in purification mode for around 10 minutes before my own power went berserk.

Suddenly I felt a hand stopped me from leaping toward the dark creature.

"Midoriya..."

Shouto looked at me like he wanted to say something. But now was not the right time. Not with how little time I had. Our conversation needed to be postponed. I smiled to him. "Everything is going to be okay, Shouto kun. Please stay hidden for now."

With that I released his grip from my arm and ran toward the Nomu. Kirishima was already by my side when I faced the dark creature.

"Let's finish this quick, Midoriya," Kirishima said. "I'll protect you as you purify it."

I nodded my head and let myself being held up by my red haired companion. In one swift movement Kirishima shifted into a red dragon.

Our enemy started charging toward us. With a few flaps of his wing, Kirishima took both of us up into the sky, evading all the strikes from the dark creature. Even if some attacks scratched his body, it was covered by red scales. Even diamond wasn't enough of comparison for how sturdy Kirishima's body was. It literally making him like an impenetrable wall.

As Kirishima tried to give me the best chance to purify the Nomu, I started enchanting my spell.

"First stage: Blitz der Reinigung"

Golden mana around my body started forming into charge of electricity. Each charges waiting solely for my command of what to strike.

"Midoriya, now!" Kirishima growled as he succesfully kicked the Nomu to the ground.

Both my hands grabbed the staff shaft and I put all my power toward my next command.

"Vollführen"

Dozens of golden lightning bolts flied from my side, each accurately striked the dark creatures, leaving it no room to escape. Even its power to regenerate its body was starting to be dominated by my lightning strike.

Some moments later, the giant dark creature was reduced to a pile of ashes as it let out a heart breaking loud shriek. 

I sighed in relief and let all the tension in my body lose. The One for All power started to calm down until only some little golden mana ran around my body. My body immediately felt weak. Good thing the battle was short. Another 1 or 2 minutes, it wouldn't only be the Nomu's body that would be consumed by the golden mana but also mine.

I felt Kirishima shifted his body back and carefully held me in his arm.

"Mission accomplished, huh, Midoriya?" He smiled sheepishly. "Good work there."

I smiled back at him. "Thanks, Kirishima kun."

Our other 4 wolf companions came out from their hide out. I gave each of them a big smile.

"Now, the Nomu problem should be solved already. Everything should be safe already now," I reassured them. Though my current limp condition wasn't really convincing, I hope I could ease their heart. Just like how All Might always gave peace in everyone mind when he came.

"Midoriya." Shouto's voice turned my attention toward the tall boy. "Thank you," he said. Though I could sense he had a lot more to say than that. But his eyes clearly said it. "Not now. Not with all the other around."

I gave him a questioning look. But he kept his mouth shut. The tall boy stood there and kept looking at my eyes. His heterochromatic eyes were too much for me. I didn't even realize I was holding my breath until Kirishima broke the awkward silence. 

"When are you going back?" Kirishima asked as he folded his hand. I really needed to talk with my red hair companion about this out-of-character attitude of his later.

Shouto was still looking at me but then he gave up. "Midoriya, Kirishima, once again we are really grateful," he said and bowed. 

It took me aback since how I always heard that werewolves were a creature with high pride. I waved my hands several times in attempt to make him stop his perfect 90 degrees bowing. And with how clumsy I was, it didn't even surprise me that I dropped my backpack. Several potions bottles were wasted, but thankfully the mysterious book wasn't ruined. I quickly jumped down from Kirishima's hands and started to save the book and some intact potions bottle.

"That book... how..."

I looked up and suddenly Shouto's face was right in front of mine. It was so close that I could feel his warm breath against my cold skin. Once again, unconsciously I held my breath. 

"..riya."

 After the dark creature was annihilated, the night forest sound was back once again. But all I could hear in my ears right now, was only my hard beating heart beat.  

"Midoriya!"

"Yes!" I looked around and I think my red face was getting another darker red shade from the embarrassment. Everyone was looking at me. Did I unconsciously muttered my thoughts again and embarrass myself?

Shouto was still in front of me. His expression was a mix of confusion and anxiety. "Are you okay, Midoriya?" His hand reached out to my face.

This was too much for me. My heartbeat wouldn't stop beating so fast and I think it was trying to break it record by beating even faster now. I just couldn't take this situation anymore!

My last thought that ran in my head as I lost consciousness was how beautiful the eyes in front of me were.

A.N.

Hello!! And alsoooo... This may be kinda early if you read it immediately after the update, but HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019!! Hope this year is even better than before!:D

I'm really sorry for the slow and crappy update...:'D I'm trying my best here... And this is the only storyline I could think of for the moment... Any critique or advice will be really helpful and especially I will be really happy to know what you think about this story so far!><

I just hope I can take the story back to how I plan it to be... Ha ha...

Soo, see you guys in the next chapter... And hope you enjoy this one!

-Meli