23. Shrouded in Darkness

Start from the beginning

"Son, do you really want to risk it? Does Death know about the bindings locking the true you away? His voice was calm and deadly.

Cyriac's eyes locked onto his father's and he stared at something flashing within their depths. Would his own father sell him out to the Thanatos?

"Fine, she will meet with each representative. However, her identity is to remain confidential. If word gets out, it's your soul that's on the line. Nothing would stop him from eliminating the creature that put his child in danger," he said ominously, turning his back on his father and walking away.

"I'm sorry son, it's for the best."

He did not care for his apology. Instead, he hurried down the short hall toward the staircase. Checking on Abigor and Drac was paramount. He didn't want any loose ends. And he wanted to take thank them for aiding Rosa in her time of need. He opened the door staring at Abigor's flushed skin tone. A Cheshire grin stretched across his face, his eyes connecting with Drac.

"What do we have here? It's not every day I see a blushing demoness. You've done it Drac. When are you going to meet her father?" he said leaning against the doorframe. Cyriac's wicked grin broadened in seeing Drac pale three shades lighter. Abigor shot him a glare.

"What?" he said, raising his hands in defense. "It's nice to see a romance blossoming in this mist of chaos," he chortled backing out of the room. "Carry on," he laughed running away hearing the snarl from Abigor.

***

Ugh, she felt like she had been hit by a truck. Her mouth felt all nasty and her hair was matted and all over the place. Did people not realize how long it takes to get all this hair cleaned? At least the bed was soft. She stretched sitting up quickly, the memories bursting to the forefront of her mind. Dominic! What was her brother doing here? She scanned the room searching for him. Climbing slowly out of bed, she tested her strength. Just a little sore, nothing she couldn't muscle through. Moving towards the closest she grabbed some clothes impressed that they were her exact measurements. Only to blush, when she opened a drawer and spotted the panties and bras nestled inside. Eeeh! Her dad knew all her measurements! She screeched her way into the bathroom with embarrassment clawing at her insides.

Sinking into the large Jacuzzi tub, she closed her eyes letting the stress go and allowed her thoughts to roam. In fact, outside his title of King of Darklings, she knew next to nothing about Cyriac. There was so much going on, like discovering she was part of the entity of death, and discovering entire worlds exist outside of earth. And it disappointed her that there was so little time for romance. She wanted to be swept off her feet, and spend more cliché moments glowing about their relationship. Welp, she couldn't always have her cake and eat it too. It was time to see what exactly was going between Dominic and her father.

She sat in the great room with her father and Dominic sitting opposite of her. her thoughts strayed while she stared out the window. Rosalinda inhaled deeply, her nostrils flaring. Images of creatures in moments of fear surrounded by chaos flashed in the sky. The scene and smell were oddly intoxicating.

"A wonderful day we're having, Dumu-mi," Thanatos said locking eyes with his daughter. "The day I discovered you were mine, it rained broken dreams. In fact, I'd just set a wager with life."

"You're not quite off the hook father. How dare you strike your only child with a scythe," she huffed out, watching him move to sit next to her on the couch. Death frowned at the term father. He wanted to be called daddy again.

"No need to be upset, Dumu-mi. You are mine. I knew you would survive. The day of your birth, your cries called out to me." She stared in surprise. He was there?