My eyes flew open as a I glanced at the clock seeing it read forty past two in the morning.Scurrying to my feet, I pulled the long peach dupatta over my head before moving out of the room.

The main door was still open as the man sat on the sofa hissing in pain.My eyes grew large as I scanned the man's form.His leather jacket hung on his right shoulder, while his dark shirt and pants were covered in dirt.

His lip was busted and dried off blood remained at the side of his mouth.His tan skin was forming a bruise just under his eye.His forehead also had a cut across it.

The man hissed again making me clear my throat.Tears already brimming my eyes as realization dawned on me.

Jalal Khan had got him.

Jalal Khan hurt him.

Now he was coming after me.

I calmed my breathing and dared to ask the man who looked up at me,

"Are you okay?"The hesitancy overcame the concern as the words slipped off my tongue.

"Yeah, I am fine."The man said but the usual tone was swept off with anger as he looked at me coldly.

I was gonna be punished now.

"Why are you up so late?You should be asleep by now."The man snapped making me take a hesitant step back as I gulped the lump in my throat.

"I was waiting for you.So that I could serve dinner-"

"I already ate."He stated.Looking at me with the same cold icy glare.My breathing turned heavy and I wanted to ask him who did this to him, and so I dared to ask.

"Who did this t-to you?"It was a mere whisper as I shifted on my feet.

"I fought in an illegal underground fight."He snapped standing up.Anger radiating off his body.

A loud gasp escaped my lips as I covered my mouth with my hands.What.The man before me smirked.His towering figure looming over me.

"I am not the nice guy you think I am.I am worst than how you imagine me."He whispered close to my face stealing all my breath.Fear pumped with my blood.Circulating throughout my body.

"I am be your worst nightmare too."He seemed to different than the man who brought me from the masjid to this very home.He was someone else.

"I am not a nice guy, Amal."He said intently making me swallow down my throat.

As if something had possessed the man, he moved towards me with clenched jaw.But before he could take the last step toward me.I did something I never expected to do,

I ran.

I ran out of the main door.

My heartbeats numbed my ears as I ran as fast as possible down the corridor.Pressing onto the elevator, I turned to see the man come behind me with a lightening speed, his lips growling lowly,

"Amal."

I didn't have time to think as I ran towards the staircase.The man's footsteps could be heard as he followed behind me.But I wasn't stopping.I was freeing us.I was getting away from him.I was running for my life.