Chapter 13: "I have a...s-sister?!"

Start from the beginning

Diamond Tiara could've sworn that she knew that name. As she thought about it, she remembered where she knew it from. "Starlight is Sunset's adoptive mother," said Diamond Tiara aloud.

She scanned through the rest of the article. She didn't find the daughter's name. "Figures daddy would pay to keep the name out of it." thought Diamond Tiara.

She exited out of the article. She wanted to see what she could find on Starlight. She found several articles about her death, though Diamond Tiara knew that Starlight wasn't dead. She found one about Starlight saving a sick girl.

She clicked on it. But instead of showing the article, it said that it was temporarily unavailable. Diamond Tiara wondered why that was. She glanced at the time. She closed her computer, wanting to eat and then take a shower.

Meanwhile, back at Twilight's house, Twilight was sitting in her room. Her mind was racing at the fact she was to see Sunset later that evening. She was already packed and set for the evening.

Twilight had told her mother where she was to spend the weekend. Surprisingly, her mother seemed to be delighted to have her making friends. Twilight hadn't thought her mother, who was always a bit overprotective, would be so happy for her sleepover.

Twilight pulled out her phone. She went to her contacts. She that she still had her brother's number. She missed her brother. He had gone to college a few years ago. He barely called, let alone visited. Twilight wished her brother was here so she could ask him for some advice.

Twilight decided that she was going to let her brother how she was, regardless of whether he responded.

'Hey, Shining Armor. I have moved to Canterlot High. Crystal Prep is great but I didn't fit in there. But at Canterlot, I have found six new friends. But they seem to be keeping a secret from me. I was invited to Sunset's house, she's the one with the secret. So hopefully they'll be nicer to me than my Crystal Prep friends. I can't wait to hear from you.'

After sending her text, Twilight turned her phone off. She got up and grabbed Spike's leash. "Spike! Who wants to go for a walk?" called Twilight, closing her door.

She saw an eager Spike wagging his tail as he bounded towards her. She grabbed his collar, attaching the leash to it. She made sure that it was secure before she walked out the front door.

She walked Spike up her street, towards the Canterlot public park. She kept her head down as she walked. She didn't really like making eye contact with strangers. As she saw the park up ahead, she had to tug on the leash to keep Spike from dragging her.

"Slow down, Spike!" shouted Twilight.

Spike listened and slowed down. Twilight stopped tugging on the leash, which a great relief to him. He didn't really like his collar squeezing against his throat.

Twilight crossed the street to the park. She found the area that was closed off for dogs only. She unhooked Spike's leash, allowing to run around with the other dogs.

She found a bench that wasn't too far from the area for dogs. She sat down just as Applejack walked up with Winona.

"Hey there, Twilight. I am sure glad to see you here," said Applejack.

She adjusted her glasses as Winona jumped in her. "Woah!" exclaimed Twilight as she thrown off balance.

Applejack tugged slightly on Winona's leash. Obeying Winona sat down. "Sorry, Twi. She just gets so excited to meet new people." apologized Applejack.

"It's okay. I was just caught off guard that's all. She is a bit bigger than Spike." replied Twilight.

Applejack smiled back at Twilight. She put Winona in the same area as Spike was. She watched as Spike and Winona ran up to greet each other. "They sure are energetic, eh Twilight?" asked Applejack.