十九 ; Shí jiǔ

"Mark! Where are you?!" Donghyuck ran around the school, screaming the boy's name.

"Reply to my texts, you dimwit!" Donghyuck continued to spam Mark with texts. His fury burning up with every text he sent.

He continued to search for the male throughout the whole school but it only seemed pointless.

He ran almost everywhere in search of Mark. A few students stared at him oddly, he looked like a mad man searching for Mark.

His eyes lit up with hope when he saw a similar figure wearing the same hoodie.

"Mark!" He exclaimed, running towards the male and patted his shoulder,

He felt his heart clench up, he hoped that Mark wouldn't run away from him again.

"What?" The student turned over his shoulder to see the smaller one.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry.." Donghyuck apologised with a bow, withdrawing his hand and running off elsewhere.

He couldn't give up on Mark just yet,

And he glad he hadn't.

He spotted someone playing basketball alone at the basketball court. He hoped that it was Mark this time.

He watched as Mark scored. "Woo!" Donghyuck cheered from afar like a supportive boyfriend.

Mark turned to his back to see Donghyuck,

Donghyuck smiled when he saw the male wearing a mask. He knew it was Mark at that point, so he began to run towards him.

Mark threw the basketball aside and tuck his hands into his pockets, walking away.

Donghyuck's heart broke when Mark walked away from him but he didn't stop,

"Mark! Please wait!" Donghyuck yelled, trying to catch up with Mark.

Donghyuck finally was able to reach Mark. He held onto his hand, tighter than ever, never wanting to let go again.

"Just let me go!" Mark said, trying to break free from Donghyuck's grip.

Donghyuck shook his head. He pulled Mark into a hug, trying not to burst into tears.

"Mark, I would never let you go even if it's the last thing I'll do," Donghyuck said,

Mark stood there, he was confused. He didn't understand anything. His feelings were a mess, he couldn't say anything. He didn't want to, he just wanted to stay in Donghyuck's arms.

"Mark," Donghyuck pulled away but was surprised when Mark held him again, burying his head into his shoulder.

"Please don't let go," Mark pleaded. Donghyuck felt Mark's tears dampening his shirt,

He patted his head, "I won't," He replied, letting Mark cry into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry," Mark sobbed, pouring out all the emotions that he could no longer trap.

"For what?" Donghyuck asked, baffled at why Mark was apologising.

"Because I treated you like shit and I know you didn't deserve it," Mark replied, pulling away from Donghyuck to see his face.

Donghyuck giggled, "Mark, I didn't avoid you because of that," He smiled, wiping Mark's tears away.

"Y-You didn't?" Mark stuttered,
"No, I avoided you because I thought you'd be happier," Donghyuck sadly smiled.

"Which is false!" Mark quickly added before Donghyuck's sad smile could turn into a frown.

"I should apologise instead, not you," Donghyuck looked at the ground, not wanting Mark to see his teary eyes.

"I abandoned you when you were at your worst,"
"No, it's my fault. I was upset about you and Renjun-"
"Renjun and I aren't dating,"

Mark was puzzled. He tilted his head in confusion, "Wait, you aren't?" Mark asked,

"How obvious do I have to make my feelings for you? Was the kiss not enough?" Donghyuck asked, still having time for his sass to leap out.

"I just thought that it was to make me feel better.." Mark muttered, embarrassed at his accusation.

"Does it make you feel better?"
"It does.."

Donghyuck closed the gap between them. Mark was dumbfounded, he didn't pull away though. He never wanted to.

Mark pulled away when he realised, "If you and Renjun aren't dating, then why did you ask him to be your boyfriend?"

Donghyuck sighed, wondering why Mark was still worried about it. "I was using him to practice for my confession to you," He replied, putting emphasis into the last two words.

Mark felt like an absolute idiot for avoiding Donghyuck without a clear explanation. "I'm such an idiot,"

"I know, right?" Donghyuck replied, agreeing with that fact.

"You're even more stupid!" Mark argued back, clearly not happy with Donghyuck's reply.

"How am I stu-" Donghyuck cut himself off when he saw a wilting flower returning to its healthier form.

He smiled softly, "It really does grow around me," He thought.

Mark noticed the smile Donghyuck was wearing. His heart melted, falling for him all over again.

He pulled Donghyuck into a kiss, holding Donghyuck close to him as they kissed.

Donghyuck pulled away, cupping the older's cheek. "Mark, I love you,"

Mark's heart fluttered, he smiled shyly and replied, "I love you too,"