四 ; Sì

"Finally, Mark Lee, you will be paired with.." The teacher trailed off, looking at the list of students,

"Lee Donghyuck," She smiled at the two which were both so stunned, they couldn't come up with a reaction.

Finally, the bell rang, snapping the two of their trance.

Mark and Donghyuck would've scrambled towards the teacher and begged for her to change their partners but everyone knows their consequence if they went against their history teacher.

"I can't believe this," Mark sighed to himself, trying to prevent his headache from coming back.

He looked at Donghyuck whose mouth was gaped as he spaced out, looking like a complete idiot but he is one anyway.

"Good luck!" Renjun patted Mark's shoulder, standing up from his seat to meet with Jaemin and Jeno to discuss their project.

Mark sat there, the male had pissed him off ever since this morning which was nothing new. The last thing he needed was the stick with him for a project.

He rolled his eyes and picked up his books, he walked towards the orange head.

"Hey." Mark greeted, making his annoyance to have Donghyuck as his partner clear in his voice.

"Ugh, god," Donghyuck said, looking at Mark. "I can't believe I'm paired with this idiot,"

"The feeling's mutual," Mark dropped the history books onto Donghyuck's table.

"Wait, we're discussing our project, now?" Donghyuck asked in surprise, staring at the books in fear.

"Yup," Mark took a seat next to Donghyuck, scooting away from him.

"The deadline isn't until next two weeks!" Donghyuck exclaimed,

"The sooner, the better," Mark pulled the book closer to him and flipped it open.

Donghyuck stood up from his seat in disbelief, "I'm not doing it, I'm hungry!" He stormed off towards the exit, leaving Mark without another word.

"I'm going to die," Mark sighed, without another option, he decided to go along with what his partner wanted to do.

"He's a handful but he'll be there when he knows he has to," Renjun said with a smile, hoping he'd reassure his friend.

Mark jumped slightly in his seat, "You think?" He stood up from his seat, spotting another carving of Donghyuck's name onto the table,

'Tch, he really did claim this seat,' Mark thought to himself before returning to his own seat.

"You'll get along soon, trust me, that's how it always goes in dramas," Jaemin said with a bright smile, clinging onto Jeno.

Mark didn't pay any attention to Jaemin's statement and grabbed his bag from the chair.

"I'll see you later," Mark smiled and walked out of the door, making his way to the cafeteria.

As much as he didn't want to, he had to look for Donghyuck. After all, he didn't want their history teacher to lecture him again.

He stepped into the cafeteria to see Chenle and Jisung alone on their usual meeting spot, they were getting along well.

It brought a smile to Mark's face to see the two together, he felt like a proud mother watching his son take his first steps.

He decided not to interrupt their conversation and walked to the back of the school,

"Leave me alone!" He heard a familiar voice call out from the school's garden.

He peeked over the wall to see Donghyuck yelling at an older male,

The older male wasn't happy with being disrespected, he grabbed Donghyuck by the collar of his shirt and rammed him into the wall,

"Do you want to try raising your voice at me again, young man?" The man asked, leaning closer to Donghyuck. His grip tightening on the younger's neck.

Donghyuck's eyes pleaded for rescue, he was engulfed in fear but he put on a brave face and spat at the man's face,

The man's blood began to boil in rage, he wiped his face with his sleeves.

He lifted his fist into the air, preparing to punch the brat in the face.

"Yes, teacher! Over here! There's a man!" Mark yelled, not revealing himself yet.

"Fuck!" The older cussed, Mark watched as the man threw Donghyuck aside violently. The student ran away, faster than light.

As soon as he disappeared from sight, Mark rushed to Donghyuck's aid who was coughing and gasping for air.

"Are you okay?" Mark asked,

"I'm fine," Donghyuck coldly responded after composing himself, shooing Mark.

"Are y—"
"Just go away!" Donghyuck hollered at Mark, trying to stand up.

Donghyuck couldn't bring himself to look at Mark. As much as he shouldn't, he felt like a weakling. He hated not being able to fight him back. He was embarrassed to be seen in such vulnerable state.

After many attempts, Donghyuck wasn't able to stand up due to the wound on his knee.

Mark sighed, wondering how far would his stubbornness would bring Donghyuck one day. Mark knelt down, his back facing the younger one.

"What are you doing?" Donghyuck asked, staring at Mark in disbelief.

"Get on, dumbass. I'm sending you the the nurse's office," Mark looked over his shoulder as he spoke.

"I am. not. getting. on,"