十 ; Shí

"Mark! What happened?!" Johnny exclaimed, frightening Mark who had just stepped into the house.

"Wh-"
"Are you okay? Were you hurt?" Johnny began to inspect his younger brother's face and hands worriedly.

"I'm fine?" Mark replied, not knowing what had made his older brother so anxious.

"Didn't you say you were working late?" Mark asked, more curious to see why his brother was home.

"I came home as soon as I heard that you were attacked," Johnny replied, his nerves had calmed down after his worries were at ease.

Mark had just recalled the incident with his father.

"How do you..?" He didn't bother to finish, remembering when Taeyong had pulled his phone or as soon as he said Johnny was his brother.

"Damn it," Mark thought, he looked up at his brother who still seemed unconvinced he was well.

"Johnny, I'm really fine," Mark smiled softly, hoping his brother would trust him.

"What happened? Didn't I tell you to be safe?" Johnny asked, unhappy his brother could not follow his simple instruction.

"I know, it just happened so suddenly and.." Mark had chills just remembering the event.

"It was father," Mark looked at Johnny who was just as stunned,

"He looked for you? What for?" Johnny asked, feeling his blood boil as he heard the news.

"He asked for money," Mark spoke in disappointment, feeling his heart shatter despite knowing his father would enough to know that he would do such a thing

"I'm sorry, Mark," Johnny pulled Mark into a hug, he felt like a failure for not being able to protect Mark.

But Mark felt even worse knowing his brother ditched work just to see him.

---------

Mark saw Donghyuck walking down the street, his face lit up at the sight of the male.

"Hyuckie!" He cheered,

Donghyuck looked over his shoulder and only ran away from Mark.

Mark tilted his head, unsure of why he was avoiding him. Mark didn't want to overthink and decided to leave at the thought that Donghyuck probably didn't hear him.

He entered the school building, spotting Donghyuck once again. This time, he decided to approach Donghyuck.

"Hey!" Mark placed a hand on Donghyuck's shoulder,

Donghyuck smacked Mark's hand away and ran far from Mark once again without an explanation.

Renjun saw the scene, he walked towards the unhappy Mark and put and arm over his shoulder, "What's up?"

Mark frowned, "I don't know.." He replied, watching Donghyuck disappear from his sight.

Renjun smiled, "It's okay buddy! We'll find a way okay?" He walked with his friend towards their classroom,

"How's the flower doing?" Renjun asked, noticing that Mark had to switch from a cap to a bucket hat.

"It's growing well, there's a flower bud," Mark patted his hat down, hoping the bump wasn't so noticeable on his hat.

"I still don't get it.."
"Me either,"
"But it does grow around Donghyuck,"

Mark smiled to himself, feeling his heard flutter.

"Plants need sunshine, Renjun,"

--------

The group of friends chatted happily on the table, except for Mark.

He looked over at Donghyuck's empty chair, wondering what had made his friend so upset.

His friends were trying to cheer him up, they knew about the awkwardness between Mark and Donghyuck.

"Oi," Mark snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Donghyuck.

His eyes lit up with hope and looked at him, Donghyuck handed Mark a sandwich, "Take it, asshole,"

Mark stared at Donghyuck, who was avoiding his gaze, and back at the sandwich. "What's this fo-"

"Just take it," Donghyuck put the sandwich into Mark's hands forcefully before he stormed away,

The happy atmosphere drastically changed into a worried one. The groups of friends didn't have a single clue of what happened between them,

Mark put the sandwich onto the table and took Donghyuck's wrist before he could walk anymore further,

"Donghyuck, what's wrong?" Mark asked, not finding himself guilty in any way.

Donghyuck tried to rip his hand away from Mark's grip but Mark wasn't going to give in anytime soon, or at all.

"Let go of me," Donghyuck demanded coldly.

"Is this about last night?" Mark asked,

Their friends' curiosity immediately shot out of the roof but none of them dared to say a word,

"Damn you.." Donghyuck dragged Mark far from their friends, not wanting them to hear about last night.

"Donghyuck! What's wrong?" Mark asked, trying to keep up with Donghyuck's pace.

Donghyuck didn't bother to answer. He only continued to walk quietly.

And the silence from him was terrifying.

Mark was only able to follow him, "Donghyu-"

Donghyuck yanked the older male into an empty classroom, slamming the door shut that left echos travelling down the hallway.

Mark was frightened by the slam, but they way Donghyuck looked at him was far more worrying.

"S-So, are you-" Mark was surprised when Donghyuck grabbed him by the shoulders and pressed him against the wall.

"Shut. Up." Donghyuck demanded simply, his gaze piercing into Mark's soul.

"Can't you just tell me what's wrong?" Mark asked, ignoring Donghyuck's wishes.

"You! Mark Lee!" Donghyuck exclaimed, finally answering Mark's question but it only made more questions.

"What did I do..?" Mark asked, hoping it wouldn't tick Donghyuck off.

But it did,

"What did you do?!" Donghyuck exclaimed, walking away from Mark as he turned his back on him. He would've thrown a punch at that bastard if he wasn't patient.

Mark froze, he was clueless at that point.

"I- You-" Donghyuck couldn't speak, he didn't know why. He didn't want to anyway.

"Don't tell anyone about last night!" He added before he left the classroom, not giving Mark any more clues.

He was greeted by his friends who almost fell over due to leaning on the door to eavesdrop.

"What are you looking at?!" Donghyuck yelled, startling the younger ones because of his change in attitude.

He stormed off without another word, leaving Mark speechless.

"Mark, what happened?" Renjun asked, being the first to approach Mark.

"I really don't know,"