He's A Friend

Should I give up?
Or should I just keep chasin' pavements
Even if it leads nowhere?

"Chasing Pavements" Adele

A few minutes later, after I had been introduced to Satomi's pack, informed of their situation and began a conversation with Brett, I heard Scott's bike pull into the parking lot. I looked over at Kira who was staring at the wall, concentrating I believe. "Kira." She quickly looked over at me. "Scott's here." I nodded my head towards the front. She nodded and quickly exited the room when she heard the front door open. A few minutes later Scott entered the room we were currently in and conversations halted. Scott scanned across the room taking in the shivering, soaking, and scared pack of werewolves in front of him. "Satomi this is who we have been talking about." She turned slowly to face Scott.

"I know who Scott McCall is." She announced. My eyes widened slightly and I could feel my cheeks heating up a little, slightly embarrassed.

"Are we safe here?" Lori, Brett's younger sister asked. She shivered and I quickly grabbed another blanket, wrapping it around her wet figure and wrapping my arm around her, looking at Scott.

Scott's eyes gazed over the faces and looked back at Kira. "We're going to need help." Kira nodded. "A lot of help."

Scott and I entered the waiting room and he told me about his plan, I put in my inputs an then we shared our plan with Satomi. "Satomi?" She looked at me. " Scott and I. We think that this isn't exactly the best place for you guys, besides it's cramped and cold. So we have a place where we can move you. That should be better." She nodded for me to continue. "I can take four more in my car, Kira can take the others, and Scott will ride his bike. He also needs to make a few phone calls. Is that alright with you all?"

"That plan sounds better than waiting around here all night and day. Like sitting ducks we are here."

"Alright, Satomi, Brett, Lori, and one other please follow me." I walked out of the room and rushed out to my car, in the rain. I started the engine and pulled up in front of the veterinary office. Satomi got into passenger seat, Brett, Lori, and another man who was probably in his 20s got in the back. I waited for everyone else to load up before driving off. The car ride was filled with small talk, mainly me trying to ask Lori some questions in an attempt to calm the young girl down.

We arrived at the gate to the building and I entered in the code that Scott had told me, the gate opened and we pulled in. I parked by a side entrance to the building and shut off the engine. "This is it." I got out of the car and locked it once everyone was out. I opened the back of my car and grabbed the bag of snacks I always had an Brett grabbed a case of water bottles. Don't ask me why they were there because I honestly don't remember. We followed Scott into Mr. Argent's warehouse and started to get everyone settles amongst the desk, dusty chairs, and construction lamps. Kira and I passed around a few blankets, snacks, and water bottles to those who wanted them. Brett and I were standing by a column talking about how hard it's been these last few weeks, trying to balance a normal life and trying not to be killed when he suddenly growls lowly and runs away. I sprint after him. And see him wolfed out and growling in front of Mr. Argent who is holding up a gun.

"Wait! Wait! BRETT! Stop! This is his place. It's his." I tried, grabbing onto his arm and yanking him back. "The sun, the moon, the truth." I coaxed. He continued repeating it until he calmed down. Giving me a small nod I released his arm and he stepped back away from Chris.