The Benefactor

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

A Thousand Years, Christina Perri

I'm up and ready, on time for once. Which is a rare event in my life. Usually due to over sleeping, no alarm, or not being able to find something. I do a once over in the mirror, I look alright. Lydia is forcing me to wear a dress today. But I didn't really mind, seeing as she's letting me wear my own jacket and shoes. I smooth out my dress, slinging my bag over my shoulder. I walk down the hall and into my brother's room. I see him chaining Malia up. I frown...Uhh...My dad walks in next to me. "Hey umm. That's -this is not what you think, at all.

"I don't wanna know." My dad sighs, walking away. I back out of the room and head downstairs. I grab a cereal bar, unwrapping it. I finish it, just before Malia and Stiles get downstairs.

I get in my jeep and head off to school. Now your probably thinking, she's only 15 how does she have her license?!? Well my dad is the Sheriff, so he pulled a few strings and voila. I park in my usual parking space and start walking through the halls. I spot Liam and Mason. Liam seems to be having a hard time. I head over there and grab his face in my hands. "Liam? Are you alright?" I ask. He nods his head but turns his attention back to where it was before. I look over and see Scott.

"We got to get to class." Liam stutters to Mason, dragging me off with him. He grabs my hand and squeezes it. I feel my cheeks heat up. Our hands fit perfectly together. As we're walking Liam glances over his shoulder. Scott. Then Stiles rounds the corner, finger pointed.

"Liam! Hey!!"

"We need to talk." Scott tries.

"No. You need to back the hell up, both of you." Liam snaps, wrapping an arm around my waist. I feel my cheeks heating up.

"Can you just listen for one second? Please." Scott begs. Liam stays silent, staring at Scott. "Liam....We're brothers now."

"What?"

"Oh god." I groan.

"What are you talking about?! We just met and you bit me." Liam snaps.

"The bite - the bite is a gift." I snort, wow that's attractive. Scott is really quoting Derek right now?

"Scott stop. Please. Please just stop." My brother claps Scott on the shoulder. "Liam. We are trying to help you, you little runt."

"Stiles." I warn.

"By kidnapping me? "

"Just to clarify. Scott kidnapped you. Okay. I aided and embedded." Stiles huffs.

"Liam. I've gone through this before. Something's happening to you. Something big." Scott tries again.

Liam shakes his head. "Nothings happening to me." He rips the bandages off his arm. "Nothing." I look at his arm. It's gone. Healed. Great. Now he's going to be a werewolf. He grabs my hand again and pulls me away from them.

I walk with Liam to his next class. He gives me a hug and pecks my cheek. I walk away, blushing madly. Oh my gosh. I feel myself, gnawing on my lip and stop. Did that really just happen? Wow. Okay. Does that mean that he likes me? Or? Is he just being flirty? I get a text from Stiles and change my course, heading for the parking lot. I find Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Kira, and Malia between two buses.

"I'm not sharing my basement." Malia concludes.

"Actually it's my basement. And my mom knows how you tore it up last time." Lydia smirks.

"Alright. She's still learning." Stiles defends.

"We're going to use the boathouse for Liam. It's got support beams that we can chain him up from." Scott nods.

"But how do we get him out the lake house if he doesn't trust us?" Kira questions.

"I say if it keeps him from murdering someone. We just chloroform the little bastard and throw him in the lake." My brother throws out.

"I'm in." Malia raises a hand. I glare at the pair.

"We're not killing or kidnapping him." I deny.

"Then lets be smarter. Wee tell him there's a party and invite him." Lydia grins. She is a genius.

"So your going to ask out a freshmen?" My brother frowns.

"No. I'm done with teenage boys." I frown, knowing she's talking about Jackson and Aiden. "But." She turns her attention to him. "We should try someone closer to his age. Besides she's already got his attention." They all look at me. "You can do it." I sigh, slumping my shoulders.