Car Rides

Once you go great, you never go good
You never go back, even if you could
Change Your Life, Iggy Azalea

        I walked down the stairs, pausing to look around for Liam. I spotted him walking out of his first period with Mason. He looked up and smiled at me. I walk over and smile at the pair. "Hey Mason. I'm going to borrow Liam. He'll see you later." I grab onto Liam and pull him away. Walking towards our next classes. "So there's a party tonight." I smile, peaking up through my lashes at him.

"Why not?"

"Great. My friend Kira and I will pick you up at 8?"

"Alright."

"See you then." I peck his cheek before 'strutting' off to my next class.

        I straighten out my shorts, fidgeting with the hem. I knock one more time and wait. The front door opens and there is Liam. He looks amazing. "Hey. Ready to go?" I ask. He nods, following me to the car.

"You look great." He compliments.

"Thank you." I smile. "You look good." He thanks me. He gets in the back with me and we buckle in. "Liam this is my friend Kira. Kira this is Liam." I introduce. Kira smiles at him and he nods his head. He grabs my hand and looks down at me.

Liam's POV
        I open the front door and smile at the beautiful girl in front of me. She looks amazing as always. Alex smiles up at me. Wow she's short, without heels on. "Hey. Ready to go?" she greets. I nod, following her to the car.

"You look great." I compliment.

"Thank you." She smiles. "You look good." I thank her and get in the back with her. We buckle in and start driving. "Liam this is my friend Kira. Kira this is Liam." She introduces us. The girl-Kira smiles at me and I nod my head at her. She looks really familiar...I feel my hand brush against Alex's. I think for a minute before grabbing it. Her hand fits perfectly in mine. My phone buzzes. A text from Mason.

"Who's party did you say this was again?" I ask. Wow the music is really loud. I flinch at the sound, squeezing my eyes shut.

"It's Lydia Martin's lake house. Actually it's her grandmother's lake house. but it's okay, since she's dead." I flinch at the loudness of Kira's voice. "I mean it's not okay that she's dead. Unless she was in pain." I start to hear a loud ringing in my ear.

"Can you turn the music down?" I gasp out. I hear the ringing again and then I goes quiet. The music is barely playing.

"You want me to turn the music up?" Kira asks. I look around and see Alex has fallen asleep, with her head on my shoulder. Kira turns up the volume. My phone buzzes, scaring me. Mason. 'Where are you?'

"Who'd you say was coming to this party?" I ask.

"Umm everyone."  I quickly text Mason about the party.

I look out the window and see the full moon. I feel my heart beat quicken and start to breathe heavily. A quiet sigh snaps me out of whatever was happening. I look down and see Alex, snuggling closer to me. I feel my lips tug up in a smile. So beautiful.