Best Friends With Benefits - Part 25

Start from the beginning

“What’s she lying about?” Dan asked putting a spoonful of cereal into his mouth as I stood behind him and wrapped my arms around his neck, resting my chin on top of his head.

“Nothing” I laugh

Dan stroked my arm gently before I moved away sitting next to him. I smiled at him affectionately before looking at Evie. 

I could feel her watching me, watching us. 

Her eyes widen looking from me to Dan and back to me. 

She knew it was me.

She went to say something but I shook my head at her and grabbed my phone off the side.

[You’re the girl! T xxx]

[No I’m not! C xxx]

[You are I can tell when you smiled at him...OMG It’s Dan isn’t it? T xxx]

[Is what Dan? C xxx]

[Your shag buddy? It all makes perfect sense now...He’s the one you ended it with, that’s why he was upset and walked off when you said you were over and why you we’re upset over what Dan said about the girl being a slag. And it explains why you two are arguing. It’s Dan isn’t it? T xxx]

I read the message over and over. She had just put everything about this weekend into place with just one look at me and Dan. 

I didn’t reply and she looked over to face me.

“Am I right?” she asked me, bringing my attention from my phone screen to her.

I sighed and nodded. 

“Are you right about what?” Dan asked looking from Evie to me.

I glanced from Dan to see her smiling at me,”‘Nothing Dan, just a twin thing” she replied turning to Luke and smiling still.

[Don’t say anything to Luke...me and Dan are over now! C xxx]

[I won’t but Luke isn’t stupid...he’ll figure out that you’re the girl Dan wants to be with sooner rather than later. Plus I don’t think Dan wants you to end either...since he’s broken up with Amy :/ T xx]

With that she winked at me before getting up, Dan following her.

***

I was sat next to Dan as he finished his food. I had some of his drink before passing it to him to finish.

“You okay, you’re quiet?” Dan asks turning to face me.

“Yea, I’m fine.”

“You’re not, what’s up?”

“Nothing Dan” I smiled “You okay?”

“Meh...been better”

“This because of Amy?”

“What you on about?”

“Why did you finish with her?”

“How do you know about that?”

“Luke told me before…said you’re upset”

“I am a bit but it’s not meant to be”

“How do you know Dan? You never really gave it a chance. You were with me”

“It’s just not” he says to me glancing down at his empty bowl.

“Well you know I’m always here for you if you need to talk yea.” I say stroking behind his ear...I know he loves that. He’s never told me but he just gets this adorable smile on his face when I do it. “I just need to go get ready to see Jayden, he needs to talk to me ASAP about something” I say pulling him into a hug.

“Yea I know , thank you Oh yea your back with him today aren’t you”

“Well tomorrow but I duno, he doesn’t seem too happy”

“Guess we’re done then?”

“Yea, i’m sorry”

“Don’t be  If you want to go with it with Jayden...I’ll support you one hundrend percent you’re my best friend. But if he hurts you I’m going to kick his arse okay”

I chuckle slightly, “Okay ”

I place a kiss on his cheek and go to leave the kitchen before turning to face him again. Before I spoke to Jayden...I needed to know something...something that was niggling at me.

“Dan”

“Yea ” he smiled turning his head towards me.

“You know when we were in the car?”

“When? Today?”

“Yea, on the way back from GlDanbury”

“Yea...”

“You know what you wrote on my leg...did you mean it?”

I saw his eyebrows rise up then he tried to compose his shocked face to normal. “Well yea, but I kinda thought you were asleep. I wrote a lot on there” he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

“I was dozing not sleeping” I smile “Yea I know, it made me smile”

“Good” he grinned at me, making me feel all jelloid inside

“So how did you mean it?” I ask, the butterflies in my stomach were going crazy. I was pretty much asking him straight out here so the ball was now in his court. This could change everything that i say to Jayden when I went to see him. I had made the first move...now it was up to Dan.

“Err well you know I love you...have done since we were like three” he smiled

“Oh okay. Yea I know” I smiled at walked out. Not what I was expecting...guess it was just I Love You as a friend then. My heart breaking into little pieces, I was in love with my best friend who only saw me as his shag buddy best friend... great, my life sucks.  

I walked into my room to get ready to see Jayden, try and make this work. 

I was applying the last part of my make up when there was a knock at my door.

“Come in” I shout and Luke walks in and sits on my bed.

“What’s up?” I say to him through the mirror

“I know” he grinned

“Know what?” I reply playing dumb

“Don’t be stupid, you know what” he says still grinning at me.

“Eugh did Evie tell you”

“No, I guessed but she just confirmed it for me. I’m surprised it took us this long to realise”

“Realise what?”

“That you love each other”

What was he on about? A smile crept upon my face as he said it though. Maybe what Dan was writing on my leg was true?

“Huh? What? No Luke...it was just sex”

“If that’s your story?”

“It is” I reply as he walks over to me.

“If it was , you wouldn’t have smiled like a love struck teenager when I said he loved you” he smiled and kissed my cheek walking to my door.

“I don’t think he does...not like that anyway and well he likes someone else don’t he and I’m getting back with Jayden”

He sighed and shook his head “If you can’t see what’s in front of you ...you’re crazy”

He shut my door and I finished getting ready. I didn’t know what to do, do I get back with Jayden or risk EVERYTHING by telling Dan how I feel?