Chapter 21

Nico's POV

I shadow travel to Percy about 15 minutes after we called and I appear in the shadow of a rock along the beach where he is. I see him in a restless sleep, screaming and rolling, with multiple injuries and brandings appearing on him in various places. I can only imagine what other injuries are appearing in places I can't see. He's already almost covered in either scars or raw injuries. He shouldn't have fought them alone, but you need to respect his wishes- Percy will always know what he's doing, or he has a death wish. Even so, he usually knows what he's doing.

I see a girl with blonde hair behind the rock as well, looking out at Percy. I can't see her face, but I think it's Rikki- Cleo's friend. Did she see the fight? Does she know? Or did she just see Percy's injuries now? I have no clue, but I hope she doesn't know anything- that would cause a lot of problems.

I walk away to behind another rock so she doesn't see me, then I go to Percy. He stops screaming for a moment and almost starts to laugh. This is a weird curse. But in no time he goes back to his original screaming state of panic. I have to get him back to camp quickly, otherwise who knows what will happen if he isn't treated.

I shadow travel him into the infirmary and shout over to Will to help me. Together we lay him on a bed and our hands brush slightly. We both turn away so neither one can see the other blush, even though we both know we're definitely blushing.

"Percy? Percy? Can you hear me?" Will asks, and he gets no response. "What happened Nico?"

"He ran into a group of Arai and asked me to shadow travel him back to camp just in case anything happens to him, and something did for sure. He was cursed, and it's pretty obvious who cursed him- either Gaia or Tartarus." I say to Will. He nods and goes back to seeing what he can do to help Percy.

"That's where you're wrong, Nico di Angelo." A voice that I recognise so much, one I often hear in my nightmares. I turn to see someone who resembles Will so much that I know exactly who it is. "Missed me?"

"Nico, why does he look like you? Who is he? Wait- I know. It's -"

"Yes Will, I know it's Eros. We've run into each other once before." I say coldly. I hate Eros so much, but then again, I'm kind of thankful for him, otherwise I never would have been with Will. No, I still hate him for torturing me.

"I seem to have changed a lot since you last saw me. I looked like Perseus Jackson last time, but I now seem to resemble this son of Apollo with you. Interesting."

"Why are you here? Do you want to torture Nico again?"

"On the contrary, I want to congratulate him for getting over Perseus. I don't think I'd ever be able to like another if I was in your position. Plus my torturing position is already full with another. I'll say hi to Perseus from you both. He'll wake up in about an hour- I'll be bored by then. See you in your nightmares!" With that he fades away into the air. I hate him so much, words can't even describe it.

"Hey, are you ok Nico? I know you faced tough times with him."

"I'm fine, let's just keep treating Percy's wounds until he wakes up. Eros will stop torturing him by then." I turn away from Will, reminded of Eros' torture to me. I can only imagine what he's doing to Percy, though I don't know why he cursed him. What does he have against Percy?

Percy's POV

So Eros was the one who cursed me, and he has yet to tell me why. I haven't done anything to him to deserve this! He started off by just injuring be in every way possible, then he played a whole season of Hannah Montanna songs, followed by back to back Justin Bieber. It honestly wasn't too bad. Then he was injuring me all over again.

He wouldn't stop, and always seemed to be so angry with me. And I have absolutely no idea why- I've never even met the guy, only Nico and Jason have. He brought out a table and chair, then a plate of pineapple pizza. I know what's coming, I'm going to have to eat the whole thing. What is his form of torture? I'd rather just be injured.

"So, Perseus, while I'm gone you'll need to eat the whole pizza by the time I get back. You'll be rewarded with the reason I'm torturing you, and if not, then you'll never know and I'll forever haunt your nightmares. See you soon!"

I actually detest him. The torture hasn't been to bad, but I know the verbal abuse he gave Nico is coming for me soon. I just want to know why he cursed me. I want to know what I did to deserve this. The most annoying thing about him is that he looks like the male version of Annabeth, the same intense eyes that Annabeth has, the eyes that are always calculating your every move, the eyes that I can't see until she wakes from her sleep of death. The worst torture he's giving me is showing me the same eyes that I know aren't real, the same eyes that I may never see again. I hate him with all my heart.

The pizza tastes average, well slightly below average, but not bad considering there's pineapple on it. 

"Finished yet, Perseus?" Eros is back. Great.

"Yes, now tell me why you're doing this to me. A promise is a promise."

"Oh, I know. I was going to tell you regardless, sometimes ignorance is bliss, and this would have been one of those moments. Well, let's torture you even more.

The main reason is that you did the same to someone I care about so much. You tortured him! You made him wither in pain and sorrow! You never even noticed him! And the worst thing is that I did the same to him too. I only did it to make him realise who he was though, but you gad no reason! And to still be caught up on the fact you're not his type anymore! It's arrogant, conceited, and egotistic! It's so selfish! You've had people chase after you, you've been a 'hero' and saved lives, but hurt the people who cared about you most! What would your family think if I told them what you did to yourself? You're ungrateful for everything you had! You just wanted more and more! And for that I hate you! I hate everything about you! I have the very ground you walk on! So get ready for more torture, daily, forever, because what you did was unforgivable!"

"You're in love with Nico, aren't you?"