Chapter 30: Nine

Naruto slowly opened up his eyes, the first thing he saw was the familiar white roof he often looked up to when he was a shinobi of Konoha and constantly getting hurt on missions. He turned his head to the right, looking out the window as he slowly sat up, only for a blade to slightly graze his forehead. He looked to the left, and saw a furious Obito standing over him, kunai in hand.

"Good afternoon." She said sarcastically. "Glad you finally decided to grace us with your presence." Naruto smiled sadly under his mask, his eyes closing as he slowly took the kunai out of Obito's hand before holding it, rubbing his thumb along her knuckles.

"I'm sorry." He whispered softly. "I, I just couldn't face you. I didn't know if you would accept me or not, for losing to Konan, or this," He broke off, choking down a sob. "This face." Obito's eyes softened. "I didn't want to lose you, or for you to reject me, so the only way I could do anything was to stay away. I was being selfish."

"Naruto Uzumaki," Obito began, sitting next to him on the hospital bed. "You had nothing to be afraid of, especially of what you look like. Do you think so lowly of me that I'd judge you by your looks?" Obito whispered as she reached up at the edge of mask, slipping a finger in between the leather mask and skin, but was stopped by Naruto's hand.

"I look like a monster, something that would give our child nightmares." Naruto whispered, tears threatening to spill out of his eyes.

"No, you won't." Obito whispered softly before bringing the mask down completely, a small gasp of shock escaping her mouth as she saw the horribly burned skin. She took a gulp before kissing his cheek softly, causing the man's eyes to widen.

"See? You're still as handsome as ever. I mean, come on, half of my face is all distorted due to a big ass boulder falling on me, you however had paper bombs glued on your face, that's a way cooler story than Rin asking why mommy's face doesn't look like everyone else's."

"Rin. . ." Naruto stated, letting his child's name escape his lips for the first time since he's learned of her.

"And at least you can wear a mask to cover the bottom half of your face, I can't wear a half mask. That'd be totally weird." Obito said, chuckling to herself a little before her lips met Naruto's own, charred, grey lips meeting her light pink soft lips.

"I love you, Obito Uchiha." Naruto breathed out as he broke the kiss, resting his forehead on her own.

"And I you, Naruto Uzumaki." They sat there, their eyes closed as they just enjoyed each others company before the door opened, revealing Kurama in clone form, blood on his face and a pair of eyes in his hands.

"Sorry to interrupt this, sickening thing you humans like to do," He spit out, his face shrinking in disgust. "But, I've managed to kill Nagato, who actually had some traps waiting for me, believe it or not. I even stole his Rinnegan, thought you two might want it." Kurama then looked at Naruto. "These are Madara's brother's, Izuna, eyes. Madara took Izuna's eyes when Izuna died and gained the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and when he lost against Hashirama, the Rinnegan activated."

"Obito-chan, you want some more power or are you all tapped out?" Naruto asked, receiving a playful hit on the head from said ravenette, who had a small smile on her face.

"No thanks, I think I'll leave all the fighting to you for now on, kay?" Naruto nodded, holding his palm out towards the jar that held the eyes, and Kurama placed it in his hands gently.

"I think I'll sleep on it. Not sure if I should or not." Obito kissed Naruto's cheek, making Kurama gag a little.

"I'll support you in whatever you do, Naruto-kun." Kurama rolled his eyes.

"I'm out." He said simply, putting up a peace sign and disappearing in a poof of red smoke. Naruto looked at the jar that contained the most powerful doujutsu known to man in them.

"Hey, Obito-chan?" Naruto asked after awhile of silence. Obito looked over at him.

"Yes?"

"Let's get married." He said simply, causing Obito to start choking on air. Naruto began laughing a little, patting her on the back to get the cough out.

"W-what?" She asked, completely bewildered at the sudden proclamation.

"Let's get married." He repeated again. "I don't want to live a life where I'm not with you." Obito looked at their intertwined hands.

"You don't have a ring, do you?" Naruto shook his head.

"Nope, but," He made a single hand sign before the roots of a plant in the corner of the white room began growing and it made a single wooden ring. He got up and picked it up before showing it to Obito. "Will this do?"

"Y-yes." She whispered as she slipped on the ring before jumping forward, tackling Naruto in a hug, the two laying on the ground, coal eyes meeting coal eyes before she leaned forward, capturing him in a heated kiss.

She broke off for a second, a kunai at Naruto's throat once again.

"If you ever let me think  you're dead again, I'll kill you myself." She whispered, leaking out Killing Intent that made Naruto begin sweating.

"Yes ma'am." Naruto whispered before kissing her again.

Things were finally looking up.

And done. Sorta short, sorry but I can't really think of anything to continue this story besides Kaguya and she can't be brought back because Zetsu isn't a conspirer like he is in the true Naruto story.

Anyways, was it good? Bad? Tell me!

Epilogue coming next, probably dropping it today and then this book will be finished. Then, I work on my next story: The Gray Haired Uzumaki.

Or should it just be Naruto Hatake? I don't know. ANYWAYS,

Til next time my lil demons!