Ch 1 : Crossing the world to meet you

The wind was howling as the rain drizzled down and spattered on the cold ground. The cracking sound of the thunder was everywhere and from the dark clouds, lightning struck here and there, lighting up the sky for a second before vanishing.

The rain was quite heavy and you got a sickening feeling that the raindrops were stamping with rage on the roof and might break through any given second.

On the peak of a certain mountain stood one of the four major sects that ruled across the Yulan continent, Heavenly Sect in which the characters were written in an aloof and arrogant manner just like its name had implied on the nameplate at the entrance gate.

On this dark and stormy night, the atmosphere looked to be gloomy and scary, there was no one in sight but everyone knew that some experts were deeply hiding hoping that they would catch the invaders who dare to trespass their territory.

Somewhere within the outer court where Outer disciples live existed a desolate and tattered storage room that seemed to barely cope against the heavy rain.

The window was wide open causing the raindrops to splash inside as the chilly wind invade the room.

In this dark dimly lit room, a small figure was seen to be sitting in a daze on the cold ground with his legs crossed, he seemed to not bother by the cold wind and the rain at all.

Due to the darkness of the night, the face of that small figure was obscured but when the lightning illuminated the sky his face could be seen clearly during that split second.

His hair looked to be rough and uncomfortable to the touch as it messed up like a bird's nest while his small face was covered with dirt and bruises but the most noticeable thing of all were the scars that existed all over his face.

The boy's clothes were also tattered and dirty so he didn't look any better than a beggar with his current appearance.

At this moment, the boy had a melancholy look on his face which did not suit his young age at all. He stiffly moved his head to look at his surroundings.

However, no matter how many times he looked he just couldn't figure out where this place was!

Liu Xun couldn't comprehend his current situation at all. He remembered that he went to sleep with a smile on his face while thinking of his promotion that he finally achieved earlier today but all of a sudden he felt so cold causing him to irritatedly open his eyes.

At first, he didn't realize that something was wrong since he couldn't see clearly and was a bit muddlehead but a moment later he finally noticed that he was no longer in his bedroom!

''What the hell-'' Liu Xun muttered to himself when he abruptly stopped because this voice was not his!

He quickly looked down only to see a small figure which looked like a child's physique with worn-out clothes on.

Liu Xun was flabbergasted at what he was seeing to the point that he couldn't utter even a single word.

He blinked his eyes rapidly trying to make sure that he didn't see things but the illusion didn't disappear which caused him to become panic.

''No, no... This must be a dream there's no way something like thi-'' But before he could finish his sentence, the loud sound of the lighting rang out catching Liu Xun off guard to the point that he almost got a heart attack.

A while ago he was too shocked that he forgot to take in everything that was happening around him but now that his sense finally came back, he immediately felt the pain all over his body and the chilly wind that caused him to involuntarily shiver.