11 | έντεκα

11 | έντεκα

▃▃▃▃❦▃▃▃▃

YOU COULD CUT the tension between Hades and Apollo with a knife. The longer we spent in the dark lord's palace, the more it became apparent that Apollo was his least favourite nephew.

Hades suggested that Persephone go fix me up in another room while the gods discussed some private business. My curious ears were tingling at the sound of his words, but Persephone and I obliged.

We were now in Persephone's spare room as she stitched up my open wound with what looked like normal stitching instruments.

Silence engulfed us as she hummed the tune to some old generic pop song, still smiling quite wildly. It was safe to assume that Persephone was a little looney... but in a good way.

I was curiously looking around. The room, like every other room in the house was black, but some of the frames and decorations were gold. The gods loved gold.

I shifted on the bed awkwardly. She was sat on a chair in front of me. "You know, I haven't been up there in a while. Do you still have what they call the... fellyvision?" It took me a moment to understand what she was saying. "You know, there are channels and a control devise and you get to watch whatever you want, I'm sure you've heard of a fellyvision!" She giggled slightly and I scratched the back of my head with my free hand. "Oh! You mean the 'television'?" I asked, trying my hardest to suppress a laugh. "That's right." She giggled, earning a responsive laugh from me. "Don't laugh at me." She giggled, flashing me an embarrassed simper.

"I've always loved earth, what with your insane inventions and infectious music." She beamed at me, carefully patched up my scar.

"Tell me about yourself... how are you?" She asked seeming suspiciously interesting in me. I shrugged to myself in my head.

"Well... there isn't really much to tell. In true orphan story fashion, my parents abandoned me on the doorstep of an orphanage when I was just a baby, and I was an orphan until I turned 18, I got a bursary to study Philosophy and Mythology, and I've been studying there for three years now." I answered honestly, trying to think if there was anything else I could remember. "Oh darling, I could have told you that, I meant with your personal life."

I didn't exactly feel comfortable divulging my personal life to somebody I had just met two hours ago, no matter how nice and friendly they were, so I changed the topic. "So it seems like Apollo and Hades despise each other very much... why is that?" My curiosity had gotten the better of me, this kind of hatred had to have some source.

Persephone seemed to have taken the hint, and retreated from pushing the matter any further. "Oh, they're all just bitter about something my husband did to Eris a long time ago." She was now concentrating a little too hard on fixing me up right, I suspected she was embarrassed about seeming nosey.

I started to recollect the exact words exchanged between the pair when we were all outside.

Tsk-tsk... what a shame it is she'll never be able to access her full power...

I cleared my throat before speaking once again. "Do you know what that is?" If Persephone was getting annoyed with my badgering her about the matter, she didn't show it, in fact, she seemed more than eager to discuss the matter.