10. Letters of Change

After so many Lords and Ladies, balls and season, and all England I thought it will be great for a little change, so let us move to America hopefully not on Titanic. In America, there is this very different concept called mail-order bride( imagine that, ordering a bride through advertisement, if only I could order a boyfriend on Amazon(sigh) )and this is how we meet our first story by K.C.Goodwin. I started reading Dear December to find out how if I would be interested in something different in historical romance and I binge read all the seven stories of Letter of Change series in 3 days. So, even if you are in love with balls and Lords and Ladies of the ton the society of America will fascinate you, I suggest you give these book a chance and you won't be disappointed.

Author: K.C.Goodwin ( Kassilassie )(https://www.wattpad.com/user/Kassilassie)

1. Dear December

She opened the door when load piano music assaulted her ears A Saloon? What would George be doing in a saloon?

The saloon was full of only men. Not even saloon girls were in sight. She looked at the man behind the counter he had long blond hair that was curly, he would seem handsome to most, but December didn't want anything to do with a man who worked in a saloon.

"May I help you, Ma'am?" He asked, "Seems you could use a drink."

Choosing to ignore that comment December replied: "I was looking for Mr. Wade."

The man seemed surprised "You're looking at him, what can I do for you?"

"You're Mr. Wade?" she asked in shock

"As you live and breathe." the man said with a cocky smile

2. Sincerely Scarlett

He smiled slightly remembering her love for literature. Curiosity got the better of him as he followed Scarlett out the back door. He kept a distance and blew out his lantern so she wouldn't know he followed her. He smiled as he saw her climb a tree in the distance. She held her lantern high and smiled to herself before opening her book. He walked closer, watching her all the while. It wasn't until he saw her cry that he stepped closer.

"Scar?" he said quietly, startling her.

"Who's there?" she asked almost scared holding up her lantern.

"It's me... George."

"What on God's green earth are you doing out here?"

"I could ask you the same thing Scar... and in your night robe? Are you trying to catch your death?" He asked knowing that he had yet again made her anger with him.

"No, I wanted time Alone." Scarlett snapped.

"I never knew you liked to climb trees," George said climbing up the same tree.

"I didn't... not until I had Lindy when she was four she would climb anything and everything. I had to go up after her; to be sure she wouldn't fall."

3. Love Lindy

4. Always Ariel

5. Graciously Ginny

"I need to talk to you," she said in a small voice shutting the door behind her. Her hair fell from her bun in red ringlets around her face; her eyes searched his making his heart race in a very uncharacteristic way. he'd had been with women since his wife died- mostly saloon girls but none of them made him feel as nervous as the one in front of him.

"You need to spend less time full as a tick in the saloon and more time with your daughters." She said looking right at him, that wasn't what he'd expected her to say at all "I know what you're going through Mr. Clayton loss is hard but your daughters need you-" Loss? What do you know of Loss Miss Wade you are merely a child." He snapped not wanting to hear everything he'd done wrong. What gave her the right to talk to him like that anyway? They had just met.

She nodded slightly turning to leave as she absently played with a ring on her finger She turned back towards him "I was Engaged to a wonderful man Mr. Clayton His name was Fergus O'Reilly and he was everything to me... he died on the eve of our wedding. Now, this ring" she said putting her hand up and gesturing to the emerald ring "Is nothing but a broken promise of the life we were meant to share.... But you, you have Wilhelmina and Lorelei. You have a part of your wife always. You have something I would give anything for. All I have are my memories."

The woman had kept her voice calm, but to him, it felt as though he had been slapped in the face. No one had ever spoken to him like that before. "Miss Wade I suggest you bite your tongue if you wish to stay on as the governess."Alright fire me, but who will watch your children? Because you certainly won't!"

6. Cordially Cordelia

Gideon looked at the parchment the small woman held before him, an incredible picture of Max stared back at him under it simple handwriting read MAXIMUS JAMES. It only said his name nothing else but he knew she was looking for the child he had just adopted.

He looked at the woman who bore a great likeness to Max; her eyes were the same big brown eyes Maximus had. Her hair was the color of sand falling about her shoulders in slight waves; her lips were pink with the top lip larger than the bottom. Her nose sat slightly lower than some but fit her face perfectly. And she wore an outdated white dress that was far too large making Gideon wonder when the last time she ate was.

"I'm sorry who did you say you were?"Cordelia James, Maximus' mother" She said in a quiet voice, as if she had been expected to be quiet her whole life "Have you seen him?" She asked her big brown eyes danced with hope as they looked into his."Yes. I adopted Max only weeks ago..."

7. Respectfully Rose

Isaac reread the letter shocked at its contents.

Dear Mr. Wade, You've no doubt heard of Lorraine's betrayal by now. I want you to know I am deeply sorry for her thoughtlessness, having grown up with Lorraine I am well aware of the pain she can put people through without a second thought. I am writing to propose that you and I wed. It'll save my family's reputation and embarrassment. Now I realize my father most likely said you had to, but you do not. If you do not want to marry me I understand. I will be getting ready in the next room it is to your right... I propose if you want to go through with this knock twice on the wall... if you don't knock once- I will deal with my family just as I always have if your choice is to knock once. Again I am sincerely sorry for the pain my sister has caused you. I am sure that this is just as shocking to you as it is to me. Respectfully, Rose

He remembered Rose well from the one time he had met her, she was good friends with his cousin Ginny. He remembered her telling every one of her travels. She was so unlike her sister and he was amazed the two were related. Lorraine had left him a letter as well if one could even call it that- it was only one line- I do not love you and I am sorry. Those nine words written in her hand had cut like a knife and to find out that she had left him for another hurt all the more.

He looked up at his older brother Gideon and handed him the two letters. Rose was sincere and he didn't want the Watson's laughed out of Denver, they were high society and it was one of the things her family cared about most.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/* Do not forget to vote and share and do tell me what you feel about these stories in the comments.*/