Chapter 23:Behind my success is myself!

Amani was seated on the couch,regretting why the hell she'd tried to call Brian. Then Koi stormed in, shrieking and screaming in excitement.

"What's up?,"Amani asked, confused.

"It's my fionce!"Koi shrieked in sheer excitement.

Amani was surprised. "You have a fionce?"

Koi rolled her eyes. "Yea... Chizzy,the upcoming artist!"

Amani shrugged. "Oh,the thief!"

Koi sneered at her. "For the millionth time,Chizzy is not a thief! He's an artist! He's a star...And FYI,He's on "The Trend" doing an interview on NTV with the one and only,Amina Abdi Rabar."

Koi quickly picked the remote and turned on the channel. She was so excited she couldn't contain her joy.

The interview:
Amina: So,Chizzy its great to  have you on my show tonight.

Chizzy: I know...I know...

Amina:So,how has your journey been as an artist.

Chizzy: journey? What journey...

Amina: your journey as an artist?

Chizzy: next question?

Amina: Chizzy,you do realize that you are now a huge star in the country due to your song 'mpenzi',how is that like?

Chizzy: honestly,thats not a big deal! I mean,I've always been a star! So its just normal...

Amina: Mmh...do you think of yourself as a self made artist?

Chizzy: yeah! I'm definitely a self made artist! I am where I am today because of Me!

Amina: But rumors have it that you have a girlfriend by the name 'Koi' who supported you mentally and financially through your whole journey as an artist.

Chizzy:(sniggers) They say that behind every successful man is a woman but not in this case... Behind my success is myself! And I've never even heard of that ridiculous ugly name...Ko? Ko? Ko what? Plus,rumors are exactly what they are! Rumors!

(Amani couldn't help laughing,looking at the interview)

Amina: Oh,I see...The ladies are dying to know if you're single or in a relationship.

Chizzy: Honestly,I've never had a girlfriend my entire life...so yea,I'm single.

Amina: What kind of a lady would you like to date?

Chizzy: Good looking like me. Humble like me. Down to earth like me. Self driven and hardworking like me. And lastly,a star like me. I can't date a fan! I mean,look at me...

Amina: (laughing sarcastically) There you have it guys! Chizzy The Star! Chizzy...Thanks for coming on The Trend.

Chizzy: Welcome,but don't call me again. I'm usually very very busy in the studio recording and writing. Actually,I came tonight because a fan of mine begged and cried for me to come!"

Koi immediately switched off the TV and she literally broke down in tears. Amani tried her best not to laugh as she offered a warm embrace. This was so awkward. Was she supposed to cry with her or laugh at the interview. Koi had been so excited about this interview and last she checked, Koi had supported Chizzy both mentally and financially through out his music career. But here he was,saying I'm definitely a self made artist and I've never had a girlfriend my entire life!