chapter 11:Secrets don't give you that pleasure...

Amani dropped the knife immediately she heard the name Tracee. She rushed to the living room where she found Tracee smiling brilliantly at Brian.

"Babe," Brian said confused. "I thought you're an orphan!"

Tracee wanted to say something then Amani quickly cut her off, looking nervous. "Yea i am. We grew up in The orphanage with Tracee, right Tracee?"

Tracee looked as if she was pondering before she said, "Yea, we grew up in the orphanage and we were so close that everyone thought we were sisters..."

Brian looked at Tracee with doubt written allover his face. "You guys really look alike!"

Tracee shrieked, "I know! right?"

Amani smiled and hugged her. "I missed you!"

Tracee rolled her eyes, getting inside as Brian shut the door. "Who wouldn't miss me!"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tracee followed Amani to the kitchen minutes later, leaving Brian alone in the living room watching soccer.

"Guess what!" Tracee said. "A friend of mine showed me photos of a wedding she'd attended and guess who the bride was?"

Amani just stared at her.

"My small sister!" She faked excitement.

"How did you know where I live?" Amani was speaking in a low tone as she sprinkled salt on the stew.

"That friend told me..."

Amani huffed. "Tracee,you should leave!"

Tracee sniggered. "Is that how you treat guests?"

Amani whispered. "You are not a guest! You are trouble!"

"No, I'm Tracee..." She joked, laughing.

"Listen," Amani sighed. "I'm trying to live a quiet happy life with my husband,OK?"

Tracee nodded. "Okay... But does he know?"

Amani growled. "No, he doesn't!"

"Then say byebye to that quiet happy life," Tracee told her. "Secrets don't give you that pleasure..."

They were silent for a while then Tracee said,

"I heard your hubby call you Amani," Tracee laughed. "Amani? seriously?"

"Listen," Amani looked sharply at her. "You should leave!"

Tracee smirked. "I'll leave now but expect me tomorrow then the day after tomorrow and so on and so forth till the day you die!"

Amani grinned. "We'll see about that..."

Tracee winked. "Yea we will. I can't wait to see the look on mum's face when I tell her I found you!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Amani was not eating. She just toyed around with the spoon stuck in her food. Brian reached to her and squeezed her hand.

"What's up babe? Is it your sister?"

Amani forced a smile. "No, I just wanna sleep..."

Brian grinned. "Your sister looks like a really cool person."

"She's not!" Amani rejected bluntly.

"Ssup? Did you guys have a fight or something?"

Amani banged the table with the spoon. "No!"