23. Stolen Kisses

Christ is Risen. Risen Indeed! Happy Easter everyone.

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

Happy reading...

Damon Clarkson

She avoids me as if I'm a plague the rest of the time we are in that little apartment of hers. She speak to me or doesn't even look at my direction much less look at me directly for that matter while she feeds Snow. After feeding her she hands Snow to Peter who was sitting on the couch drinking his coffee and runs back to her room. She comes out few minutes later with a yellow diaper bag and places on the floor next to Peter, "this has everything she needs: a couple set of clothes just in case, her diapers, wipes, snacks and I'll go grab her water bottle and put it in the side of the bag. While I do that can you please change her out of her pajamas and put her into day clothes I set it in her changing table? thanks," she says and walks over to where I am. Peter gets up and walks to her bedroom.

I happen to be leaning against the refrigerator with my own mug of coffee. I know she is walking this way to grab the water bottle form the fridge but, I still don't move out of the way. I want her to look me in the eye. Which she finally does and says, "I need the water bottle."

I don't move.

"I'm getting late for work."

"Eat your breakfast," I tell her.

"I'm not hungry."

This frustrating and stubborn woman. "You will be."

"I don't want it."

You asked for it, I think to myself and take a step to the right to set my coffee mug on the counter and she took a step forward thinking I was moving aside for her to grab Snow's water bottle but that was not at all what I had in mind. I move my feet right where it was before I had taken the step and we were just a foot apart now. I have had enough of her stubbornness so I took the most logically thing anyone would have done.

I snaked my right arm around her waist and pulled her to me and while she was too shocked to do anything I brought my left hand up to the nape of her neck and tilted her head back and crushed my lips to hers.

In her surprise, she opened her mouth causing me to take advantage of the action. She gasped at the sudden touch of our tongues and shoved me with both her hands but I had a firm hold on her. I kept kissing her until she stopped fighting me. I knew I needed to stop kissing her before I did something I regretted so I somehow managed to pull myself together and detached my lips from hers a few inches but still didn't let go of my hold on her. I leaned my head against her forehead, "stop being difficult and eat your food."

"You can't te..."

I kissed her again but not as long as I had done just a few seconds ago and pulled my face away from hers and looked down. "Every time you open your mouth other than to eat that breakfast I'll kiss you."

"You wo..."

I didn't let her finish her sentence and captured her lips once again. I pulled my face from hers one more time "I can keep doing this all day," I said with a smirk.

She nodded her head up at me. "You'll eat?" I asked. She nodded again. I couldn't stop looking down at her and she kept looking back up with her big brown eyes and it seemed that she was trying to say something. I raised my eyebrows and she released a sigh of breath and leaned her head and poked my chest with her nose and looked back up at me. I finally realized what she was trying to tell me. "Right. You need your hands to eat," I mumbled and let go of both her arms that I holding on to and took a step away so I wasn't blocking the fridge door and also to keep my distance from her. Because I was afraid that if I was that close to her again I would do something more than just steal a few kisses from her and I had to keep in my that we were in her little apartment with her daughter and her older brother. Just as I thought that her bedroom door opened. Caterina hurriedly open the fridge door and took the water bottle out.