19. Not Understanding

Hey y'all! I hope everyone had a merry merry Christmas and had a blast last night welcoming 2019. I'm so excited and looking forward to the new year. I hope everyone else is as well.

I have also decided in this new year I am going to start updating on Mondays until the story is finished.

Right at this moment its 6:20 pm and I'm going to sleep now because I have a EARRRDRRLY morning tomorrow. I'm rolling out of bed and going on a road trip. I'm driving all the way from NYC (where I live) to Louisville, Kentucky for a conference! It's a little more than 11 hours of driving and I am doing that all by myself so if anyone is interested than you see/make comments on my instagram feel free to do so. Maybe that'll help me keep awake! I got it just because everyone else has it. No problem you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

https://www.instagram.com/sueregmi/

Anyways, happy reading.

Love to all! ❤️❤️❤️

Caterina Roberts

I literally can not with this man. I wanted to scream and let out my frustrations. More then that I wanted to pummel him to the floor and ask him questions and wouldn't want to let him go until he gave me answers. Why was he so frustrating? Why was he hot one moment and so very cold the next second. I just couldn't handle his mood swings anymore. I just let myself slide down to the floor and sat. As soon as Eva heard the door to my apartment close she came rushing to me from the kitchen.

"Are you alright?" she asks with a concerned voice. I can't utter a word so I just nod my head tell her I'm fine. "What did he say?"

"Don't come to work from tomorrow."

"Are you sure that is what he said?"

"Well, his exact words were, 'you don't have to come to work from tomorrow.'" I knew what she meant though. One word made a huge difference in that sentence.

"What? Are you sure he said from tomorrow or not to come into work just tomorrow?"

"From tomorrow."

"I hate this man. What is up with him? I can't decide if I hate him or not. One minute he is a total gentleman and the next he's a jerk. Who does he think he is?"

"The Damon Clarkson," I say.

"That piece of..."

I chuckle. "I have no strength to think about him or anything else that has to do with him today. Tomorrow is going to be a new day, and we all will face it together, like always. What have I to fear when my loved ones are by my side?" I say as I lean against her.

"But, he can't just fire you like that."

"Actually, I'm glad I don't have to go work for him from now. I think this is a blessing in a disguise. I mean, yes I am going to have to find a job so I can keep living in this apartment of ours with my daughter. But that's nothing that I can't do. And anyway, I didn't like sitting through those boring meetings," I smile while say it because that couldn't have been any more true. "All I now need to do is go down the block to the cafe and beg my former boss to give me back my job. All I have to do is take Snow with me because Julie is smitten with her and she'll say yes."

"That is true, your daughter does melt hearts."

But before I could say anything else my phone started buzzing. I scrambled up to get it and looked through my bag and found it in the inside pocket and answered it without looking at before the caller hung up on me. "Hello."

"Hello, Caterina?" said the familiar voice on the other end.

"Yes. Julie?"

"Yes. Hi, how are you?"

"Oh my goodness. Eva and I were just talking about you. How have you been?"

"Missing my favorite employee."

"Oh my goodness, I can literally cry right now. What made you think about me?" I asked putting my hand over my forehead because I could not believe what was happening.

"Well, Mr. Cla..." somebody in the background cleared their throat.

"What?" I asked.

"What I meant to say was that, one of my guys quit his job today and I was wondering if you were stilling working some other place or if you needed a new job. I wanted to ran it by you just in case and see if you wanted to come back to work at the cafe before I asked someone else. I'll even raise your pay."

By now I had started sobbing. "How can I ever thank you Ms. Julie? You have no idea how much this means to my daughter and I. That you would even think of us means a lot and now you're offering a job in my hour of need. And yes of course, I'll take the job if you really meant it."

"Of course I mean it you silly girl," Ms. Julie says. "Come by tomorrow and we'll set your new schedule."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. Thank you," and with that she hangs up the call. "You won't believe what just happened," I said to Eva still staring at my phone in amazement.

"What happened?"

"That was Ms. Julie the owner of the cafe, she called to see if I wanted a job because somebody just quit."

"What?! That is amazing! It's as if someone told her that you just happen to not have a job starting today," she says laughing and I nod my head in agreement.

There was someone else with her in the background when she was talking to me on phone, I think. May be it was him... maybe. But it can't be. Maybe I just want it to be him, because no matter what he has done I don't think he is as cruel as he makes himself to appear. I just can't bring myself to hate him no matter what. I know he is capable of love. I have seen him looking at my daughter when she's with me. I have seen pure love in his eyes for my daughter. I shake my head stopping my train of thoughts from going anywhere near to him. Because it will only end one way. With my daughter and me being hurt. So, I decided to change the subject and start talking about Rose and Derek.

Eva happily compiles and starts talking while I nodded my head here and there while I clean my apartment.

One hour later, Snow wakes up and after feeding her we decide to go to the park and we don't end up coming back home until dinner time. By then, Snow, Eva and I are exhausted. We bid our farewell to Eva as we walk up the steps to our apartment building.

"I love you both!" she says waving back at us as she walks away.

"We love you," I say back and walk upstairs.

...To be continued

Vote

Comment

Share

Thanks.