7. Her

Finally, here it is.
This chapter is dedicated to @harathi77. 😬😄

Damon Clarkson

The next morning I wake up with a smile on my face. I had a good night's sleep. After shower I went downstairs to find out that everyone was outside.

"Good morning," I said as I walked outside and sat on the chair and everyone looks at me.

"I suppose you had a good night's sleep," dad says.

"Yes, dad and very sorry about yesterday morning I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but I'm all good this morning so don't worry."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that," Derek says, "because we are all going to your beach house for the weekend. Wouldn't want you to be in a bad mood all weekend long, now do we?"

"Yes, I hear the temperature is going to be around three digits," Katherine adds, "and I hear Snow is coming along with you and Rose," she says looking at Derek.

"Yes, she is along with Snow's mother," he looks at me with a smirk. "And Mia's younger sister." Looking at his watch he said, "which reminds me that I should get going so I won't be late to pick them up." Getting up from his chair he slaps me on my shoulder and bends down so his mouth is right next to my ear and whispers, "consider this weekend as my gift to you," with that he turns around and walks to his car, leaving me confused.  "See you there," he yells rolling down his window driving away as the gate opens so he can leave.

While I'm eating my breakfast, our gate opens again and I see a car drive up our driveway.

"You shouldn't be driving. Where's your driver?" I ask as my sister comes and sits beside me. Rolling her eyes she takes a piece of bacon from my plate.

Ignoring my question she looks over at Dad and Katherine, "you guys ready to go?"

"Yea, we'll leave once Damon is ready," Katherine says.

"Are we just taking one car?"

"No," I answer for her.

"Then you guys should get a head start, I'll come in Damon's car."

"That's a good idea, I guess we'll head on than. Do you need anything from inside honey?" dad asks looking at Katherine.

"Yea, let me go get my purse and we can go." Dad and Katherine leave about five minutes later while I take my time and leave with Charlotte thirty minutes later.

The drive down to the beach house is just a little over an hour and the time passes by quickly. I listen to my sister talk about how happy she is that Derek is finally getting married and how much she likes Rose. I just tune her out and think about what Derek said to me earlier and I can't figure out what he meant. We are just fifteen minutes away from our beach house when I heard Charlotte say my name and I look at her.

"What?" I ask.

"You haven't heard a word I just said, have you?" she says and I look back at the road.

"Ugh, you're so annoying. Anyways, I was saying that you should get married soon. You are twenty-six already you are not going to get any younger. I think I am going to starting looking at girls for you since you don't bring any around to introduce to us," she says.

"Char, stop it, you know I don't believe in love and all that crap. I'm not going to get married."

"Damon, just because what mom did to dad doesn't mean another girl is going to do the same thing to you. You have to get past that," she said with a sad voice looking out the window, "I want you to be happy, why can't you just let it go and be happy for once?"