3. Sleepless

Damon Clarkson

Okay, I have got to admit that there is something about those pair of dark brown eyes that caused me to have zero hours of sleep last night. Strange. I have never lost a night's sleep over a girl. Groaning I get out of my covers and go to the bathroom. After taking a shower I come out of my bathroom with just a towel wrapped around my hips.

"Seriously?" my sister said, "put your clothes on."

"You could've knocked before entering," I said, "and what are you doing here?"

"Oh, now I can't come over to visit my baby brother?" putting her hand over her heart she mocks being hurt.

I rolled my eyes, she can be so dramatic sometimes.

"I'm twenty-six, Char, not a baby," placing a kiss on her cheek I grab my clothes and walk back into my bathroom to get dressed.

"You do remember that Derek and his fiance are coming over for brunch this morning, right?" She asks as soon as I walk back out.

Yawning I ask, "that's today?"

"Yes, you doofus, now come on let's go downstairs they'll be here any minute."

"How are you feeling?" I ask her as we walk down the stairs.

Rubbing her stomach she says, "well, she is kicking a lot frequently and my back is aching, but other than that I'm fine."

Placing my hand I rub her back lightly, "is Peter here?"

"No, I wish he was. He won't be here till next week."

"Good morning, Sir," my housekeeper greets me and nods his head to my sister.

"Morning Alfred," I greet him back. Yawing I mumbled "I'm not so sure on the good part," to no one in particular. My sister looks at me quizzically and I just shake my head.

"Bruch has been set up outside," he said.

"Derek and Rose are already here?" Charlotte asks.

"No, not yet," he replied.

"Thanks, Al" Charlotte says and we walk outside.

Two car pulls up as we make our way to the table. I pull a chair for Charlotte to sit on and take a seat myself. "Good morning son, why the grumpy face?" my dad asks.

"Well, If you ask me I'd say Damon is losing sleep over a girl," Tobias says walking towards us, "wouldn't you Derek?" he looks back at Derek.

I roll my eyes while they chuckle and look at them while shaking my head disapprovingly. When I look up I see a little girl in Derek's arms. I get up immediately. I love kids, they are my weakness. "Who is this little darling?" I ask, she smiles and rests her head on Derek's shoulder being shy. She is adorable.

"Well, let me first introduce you to my fiancé," Derek says.

"I've met Rose," I say turning to face her and say hello, she smiles and greets me back.

"Not to you stupid," he says. "Babe, this over here is Uncle James."

Getting up my dad shakes her hand "hello Rose," he said.

"Hello," Rose says.

"And the lovely lady over there is Katherine" he says pointing at my dad's wife "and that is my cousin Charlotte, Damon's older sister," and he introduces her "guys, this is my fiancée, Rose."

Katherine gets up "please, call me Kate," she says hugging Rose as if it wasn't her first time meeting her. Charlotte gets up next and hugs her as well. What is it with girls and hugging?