15. Reunited

Hello, sorry you had to wait so long for this chapter. Thank you for your patience.

"Unsteady" by X Ambassadors . I listened to this song nonstop while I wrote this chapter.

HAPPY READING

There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."

-- Jane Austen

Caterina Roberts

I couldn't believe my eyes. I could not believe I was seeing him. There he stood in front of me while he talked on the phone to whoever it was on the other end of the line. I was in shock, I couldn't even blink, nor could I speak. After what felt like eternity, he finally noticed someone standing there, looking at him. He turned around and looked at me while I just stood there and blinked multiple times trying not to cry.

"Baby?!" He whispered. My mouth twitches upwards as I hear his familiar voice call me 'baby'. Funny thing is that I don't think I have ever heard Peter call me by my real name. Ever since I can remember I have heard him call me 'baby'. I once asked him why he didn't use my real name, but he didn't really give me a real answer. All he said was, and I quote 'because you're my baby, that's why.'

I was stubborn and wouldn't take his vague answer so one day I asked his mom as to why he called me baby. She told me that because Peter was the only child he had always wanted a younger sibling so when my parents who were their next door neighbor, brought me home from the hospital his mom brought him over to my house so he could the new baby which was me. She told me that the moment he saw me he fell in love with me and immediately said that I was his baby sister. Ever since that day he has been my big brother and I, his little (baby) sister.

"Peter." I took a small step towards him.

Without taking his eyes off of me he said, "I'll call you back," and hung up the phone.

l took one step towards him as tears started rolling down my cheeks. Before I could take another step he rushed over to me and took me in his arms. I sobbed like a little baby. Being in his arms felt like the old times. "Shhh, baby. I'm here now," he whispered as he kissed my forehead, "look at me." I shook my head and held onto him even tighter. My feet could no longer had the strength to hold me up so I just leaned into him. He held me until I stopped crying all the while he comforted me with forehead kisses and telling me that everything was going to be okay and that he was here now.

After what felt like hours I looked up to him. He looked down at me with a smile, "I knew I'd find you, I hadn't stopped looking," he whispered as silent tears rolled down his cheeks.

"I knew you'd find me too," I said back wiping his tears.

"Mom told me about what he..." he said in a calm tone, but I wasn't fooled by his calm tone. He was furious I knew by the way his jaws were clenched and his hands were in fists.

"I don't want to talk about it," I said back. He nodded his head and kissed my forehead one more time. I put a smile on my face, "look at that," I said looking at the clock, "we are going to be late for the ceremony if we don't go now, come on lets go."

"Wait," he pulled me back and hugged me tight, "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too. More than you know. Oh and also, I want you to meet someone," I said.

He looked down at me with a weird face and said seriously, "if it's a boyfriend, break it off right now."

I rolled my eyes. Over protective. Just like I remember. Nothing has changed. "No silly, her name is Snow. She's downstairs."