16

Bruce's POV

My fist clench as I watch (Y/N) get into the cop car and speed off. I needed to follow after this fast or else my secret is going to be blown.

An experiment I have been working on for years now; a serum that erases memories. I began to work on this in case someone I didn't want knowing my identity as Batman found out, I could erase their memories.

I was also able to cover up her soulmark and tattooed her wrist in hopes she would believe that I was her soulmate. This was the only thing I could think of that would save her from her fate of being with a criminal or even becoming a criminal herself.

I knew it was going to take some time but what I didn't have planned was for the commissioner to need her so soon. If what that cop said was true, the the Joker was on his way here. I needed to make sure my security was stable before leaving my staff to be defenseless against a psychopath.

I make my way down to my bat cave while pulling out my phone, I dial Gordon.

"Detective Gordon," the gruff voice of my old friend sounds back.

"Hey, I thought I told you that I have everything taken care of with (Y/N), and that she wouldn't be needing to come down to the station any time soon."

"Yeah that's what we agreed too. What's wrong? Did something happen?"

I hear his word and I stop in my tracks. "Are you telling me that you didn't send a cop to retrieve her and bring her back?"

There was a pause on the other line and it was all I needed to confirm my beliefs. "Great, I just handed her back to that fucker himself!" I growled, turning and throwing a punch into hallway wall.

"Do you know which direction they were heading? I'm sending my troops now," Gordon says and I can hear him shuffling on the other line.

"No idea, but I'm on it."

***

(Y/N)'s POV

I grip the seat tightly as The Joker continued to speed. We made it to Gotham City and there was no sign of Bruce behind us. My neck was still burning and every time I would reach up to rub it, eyes would flash to me from the rear view mirror. I tried my best to ignore him, and for the most part the ride was silent.

We peeled off into an alley and the car comes to a screeching halt. He jumps out of the vehicle and was replaced with another man dressed as a cop. He doesn't look at me and my eyes follow the Joker has he rounds the car to my side.

He opens the door harshly and didn't give me a chance before he reached in and grabbed my arm roughly and pulling me out.

"Owe!" I whimper and for a split moment I felt his grip on me loosen.

He leads me to another car and I figure we were switching vehicles so we couldn't be followed. My stomach flips at the realization the Bruce will not be finding me as soon as I had hoped.

The van door opens and I slip inside, the Joker hot on my trail. Something about this seemed familiar and I could only guess it was from the first time I was kidnapped. As we rode in the van, we sat across from each other. I took this time to study this man. This wasn't the first time I've been in his presence, and my body knew that even if my mind didn't. He doesn't look at me, in fact he stared down his hands as he flips a switch blade.

I expected to feel scared, frightened, or even at least nervous. But the longer I was near him, the calmer I felt.

This is weird.