Chapter 6: Stockholm Syndrome

Chapter 6 Stockholm Syndrome

 I blinked as the sunlight filtered through the windows. I stretched out my hand and was surprised when I hit something hard. Turning around I caught Bryon’s smiling face. I closed my eyes again, grinning. What a wonderful sight to wake up to.

I blushed at what had happened yesterday night. I was daydreaming when I felt something cold being pushed into my mouth.

“Chew,” Bryon ordered.

Following orders, I bit down, and cocked my eyebrows as the taste of strawberries filled my mouth with sweetness.

“Why did you just tell me to eat a strawberry?”

“So I can do this of course…” He bent his head and kissed me passionately. I pulled on his shirt so I could get closer to him. Our tongues tangled together and I could taste cinnamon on his mouth.

“I love the taste of strawberry,” he said smiling.

Suddenly a knock on the door took us out of our stupor. I sat up in alarm; I didn’t want to be caught in Bryon’s bed. It would make me look like a slut. I mean who sleeps with their captors? Bryon pushed me down and gave me a peck on my lips before heading towards the door. I buried myself under the blanket, wondering who it could be.

“Sir, its time for breakfast and I can’t locate Miss Santos anywhere,” Wilhelm’s voice broke through the silence.

“No need to worry, she’s safe. Actually she’s right here,” Bryon replied. In my mind, I could see the smile that was on his face.

I sat up and smiled sheepishly at Wilhelm. Wilhelm’s eyes widened at the sight of the disheveled me.

Clearing his throat before continuing, “Very well, the breakfast is in the dining room when you guys are ready,” with that, he bowed and he walked away.

“Did you really have to tell him?”

“Why? I’m not ashamed to tell people of our relationship,” Bryon smiled and kissed the top of my head.

“I’m going to shower now. Don’t peek,” I said smiling.

Sauntering into the shower, I turned on the water, and for the first time since I arrived, I was happy. Truly elated. I was on cloud nine.

After I was squeaky clean, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself. Realizing that I didn’t have a change of clothes, I stood there in shock and I blushed. I couldn’t go out in just a towel that would just make Bryon think I was leading him on.

I debated all my options. I could go out wearing my old clothes which was starting to smell bad. Or I could walk out in my towel. It was then that I spotted Bryon’s bathrobe. Okay, maybe I could wear it. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind. Taking it off the hook, I put it on. It was big and I had to tie the rope around myself three times so the robe wouldn’t fall down.

“Bryon, turn away please,” I said as I neared the door.

“Why?” I could hear the laughter in his voice.

“Just do it,” I said.

“Fine, I turned around, you can come out now.”

Stepping out from the bathroom, I was surprised when I didn’t see Bryon. I frowned, where could he have gone in the thirty seconds that I had warned him to turn away?

I was venturing further away from the bedroom when I felt someone from behind pick me up and thrown over their shoulder, like a sack of potatoes.

“I told you not to look,” I pounded his back playfully. “Let me go!”