Forty-Eight

[February 12, 2019]

Weeks passed. Good days were spent beside the red headed boy while your hours with Jungkook lessened. But you guess it was okay, Jungkook was fine without you and he might have some other business to do.

Everything seem so perfect. From the point were he got home from abroad to the nights he spent beside you and to the days you'd laugh together.

You'd always smile everytime you remember the time he came home. Running fast as he threw his arms around you. His scent enveloping you once again, his breathing was fast and his arms were tight, your face burying on his chest.

"I missed you." He mumbled as he kissed your hair.

"I missed you too." You whisper as you wrap your arm around his waist.

Kim Taehyung was better now. His breakdowns subsided, he seemed a little bit more happy now but some days he'll be gone. He doesn't leave you a notice on those days. Not exceeding two days, he made sure that after his absences he'd be more energetic than he was.

And those days when he's not beside you, you'll be alone, even at night. He wouldn't show up on your window like before. It was like he was a wind that disappears for a moment but completely blows you off the ground when he comes back.

When you asked him why he was gone, he'd always say that his father called for him at the other end of the town for his work. But you never believed him, though you didn't push your luck to know the truth. It was enough that he's happy and on his best state.

"I missed you." It was like a mantra whenever he comes back.

His arms hugging you as he rocks you back and forth. You knew what he was doing. He was distracting you from asking him why he was gone. You let it pass everytime, as long as he doesn't get a breakdown.

But tonight was different, the red headed boy once again knocked on your window in the middle of the night, amidst of your dreams. His knocks were quick and a little desperate.

You stood up with your white night gown, the sleeves long enough to end on your wrists. Your feet bare on the carpeted floor, you walk towards the window. You halt when your hand touches the windowsill.

The cold air that was left from the winter season can still be felt, you shiver once you felt it on your skin. Taehyung wrapped his arms around you as soon as you open your window.

You hear the shortness of his breath. He was sobbing as he bury his face on the crook of your neck. You were shocked. Your body became stiff as you process what was happening.

Kim Taehyung was having another breakdown. After months of not having any, you welcome it again in your arms. You welcome the same sobbing boy as you let him pour his tears on your skin.

And now that you're facing it again, your nerves were more calm. You know what to do.

You lead him towards your bed, even though you were unable to see, you have memorized your room. You comfort him with your hand rubbing his back.

"What happened?" You whisper into his ears as you caress his hair.

One moment, you thought he wasn't crying. You thought he was laughing and full of happiness as you felt a subtle laugh errupt from him and his lips curve on your neck. But then, he sobs. A little bit painful on your part.

"You're going to see again." He whispered.

Once again, you stiffen. Almost not hearing him, you ask.

"What?"

He lean away from your neck. His hands cup your face as he stare at you through his blurry eyes filled with tears.

"You're getting your operation." He says as he let his lips curve a little bit. Then he kissed you as both tears fall down your faces.

It was finally here. The long awaited chance and undying hope finally came. The red headed boy's greatest desire for you to see is coming your way.

So why was he crying?

Why was the red headed boy crying? Was it out of happiness? Or pure agony?