Seventeen

[October 19, 2018]

And you guessed you weren't that strong. Your thoughts easily blown by Rhea's threat as you say, "I don't want you near me anymore."

Your hand clutch at your skirt, as you make your voice as hard as a rock. And you felt Taehyung stiffen beside you.

"What?" He blinks numerous times as if he heard you wrong. His head facing to your side as he stare at your face, both of you sitting underneath the same shed you first met.

You swallowed thickly. "I don't want you near me. Leave me alone, Kim Taehyung." You try hard to control your voice and not let it crack.

As if it was your opposite, it was strong as it stayed in a tone that was cold, serious and hard. It wasn't easy for you to do this, Kim Taehyung was the second person that befriended you and your journey with him was only beginning yet you are here already ending it.

The red headed boy sighs. He knew what was happening. He knew why you were being like this and why you're saying this. And he thought he knew what to say and do, as he say, "Listen." He cupped your face. "If you're saying this because they threatened you then you shouldn't think about me. I can take care of myself." He tried to assure you.

The red headed boy's hand goes to touch yours, to give you comfort as he smile at you. But you retreat from his hold.

"But he can't! And I can't bare to lose you both that's why I'm letting you go." You pop as your voice finally cracks and your tears starts to form again.

Taehyung was shocked. His mouth hang open as he stare at you. His hand left on air, his eyes stained with hurt and confusion.

"I have to protect Jungkook." You whisper as you purse your lips, trying to hold back you sobs.

"And that means I have to stay away from you?" Kim Taehyung was breathless, his mind in havoc.

He doesn't want to believe this. He doesn't want to believe you. No, you can't possibly be saying this. After all he did, where did he go wrong?

You knew that he wanted to stay beside you and yet you were choosing Jungkook over him. Of course, you would choose Jungkook. You've known Jungkook for years and you only knew Taehyung for probably a month. You would value Jungkook more but why not choose both of them?

So he searches for something. His eyes wander in your face looking for something he needed. His eyes reached your watery ones.

His hands reached for yours. He held them firm and still, you tried harder not to let a sob escape you. "I know you're blind but why does your eyes tell something you shouldn't right now. Why does your eyes say that you need me?" He says, his voice almost a whisper painted with hurt as he stare at your eyes.

Taehyung, why are you being like this?

You shook your head, no, you can't be soft with him. You are supposed to protect Jungkook and you can't do that if you keep Taehyung by your side. If you keep the man who slowly showed you the world.

The red headed boy never acted like this but he needed to hug you, to feel you. So without any hesitation, he pulled you in. Your lips coming in contact with his shoulder. And you gasp, you let him hug you for a minute as you try to recall everything, from the moment you heard his footsteps running for this same shed and what he said to you this morning. You felt it, you felt your new built friendship with Taehyung slowly being demolished. Your hands grip his forearms as you try to pull away.

You felt Taehyung shaking his head continuesly as he tried to bury his head on your shoulders.

You were the realest thing that ever happened to him, he can't let you go.

But you freed yourself, "I don't." Your voice was little but hard as a stone. You said it like it was a final decision.

Kim Taehyung feels his eyes water a little bit. His anger rising but sadness and hurt got the best of him. "Say it." He begs.

He wanted you to give him a final decision because after that there will be no turning back. He wanted you to stand firm. He wanted you to change your mind.

But you weren't one to risk Jungkook's safety. You weren't one who easily changes minds.

"I don't need you anymore Kim Taehyung." Your voice in a monotone.

And just like that, the smile that you didn't know you caused slowly disappeared. Kim Taehyung couldn't smile the way it was before.

Not when he lost the reason of it.