Captured

"I don't understand," Newt complained as Queenie fidgetted with his clothes, adjusting his coat to hang more naturally on his slender frame. "Why do I need to have my picture taken?"

"Because you look very handsome," Queenie replied, straightening his bowtie. Tina stood a few steps behind Newt and Queenie caught her thoughts of agreement. Those thoughts were quickly pushed aside. Queenie looked at her sister and gave her a knowing grin and a wink, earning a glare and a collection of annoyed and embarrassed thoughts.

"So? That's not a reason," Newt argued. "And if it was, Tina should be having her picture taken. She's beautiful."

Queenie ignored what he said, choosing instead to reply to his unspoken words. "She didn't write a book."

Newt had blushed slightly at his own thought but when Queenie acknowledged it, his freckled face turned bright red. Taking a step back, she studied him. He stood slouched, gripping the handle of his case with both hands. His head was bent and he looked at her through his hair.

"Alright," she said. "I'm not going to ask you to stand up straight because I know you won't like it but I do want you to keep your hands at your sides and lift your chin a bit."

Newt obeyed and Queenie pushed his light brown hair out of his eyes.

"There we go. That's better." She moved over to stand with Jacob. They watched as Tina adjusted the back of Newt's coat collar then went to stand off to the side.

"When will those two get together?" Jacob thought. 

"Hopefully soon, honey," Queenie said.

Jacob glanced at her. He had grown used to her reading his mind and was no longer startled when she replied to his unspoken thoughts.

"Just looking at them, it's so obvious they like each other," he said.

Queenie looked at Tina and Newt. Her sister was watching him, a fond expression on her face. Newt was finding it difficult not to look at her.

"You should hear their thoughts," Queenie said. "They're really both confused. Neither of them understands how they feel. They know they're in love, they just don't understand it."

"Why don't they just tell each other?"

Queenie shrugged. "They're shy people. They're both uncomfortable around people. Unfortunately, they also both doubt themselves. They've both decided that there's no way the other can feel the same way they do."

"Why don't you just tell them?" Jacob asked.

"They won't listen to me," Queenie sighed. "They don't like it when I bring their feelings up. They're too embarrassed to talk about them. They've always been like that."

"How would you know what Newt was like?" Jacob demanded.

"From talking to Theseus."

Jacob raised his eyebrows. "Talking?"

Queenie grinned. "Well, you know."

The man who was talking the pictures called for a break. Queenie and Jacob made their way over to him.

"I'd like to take a few without the case," the photographer said. "You don't have to use them but I'd like to see how they look."

Queenie nodded. She glanced at Newt. Tina was standing with him and they were having a quiet conversation.

"Hey, Newt," Queenie called. "He wants to take a few without the case. Is that alright?"

Newt nodded and offered his case to Tina. She took it and came to stand by her sister. The photographer took a few more pictures before deciding he wanted Newt's collar to be adjusted.

"Teen, go fix Newt's collar," Queenie said, reaching for Newt's case.

"Why? What's wrong with it?" Tina demanded.

"Nothing. Just flip it up, like yours." Queenie pointed to the collar of Tina's own black coat. It was unfolded to protect her neck from the wind.

Tina shrugged and handed Newt's case to her sister. She made her way over to Newt and carefully adjusted his collar. She started to leave but he called her so she turned . . . and tripped.

Newt caught her but instead of just helping her regain her balance, he pulled her into a tight hug.

Queenie couldn't hear their conversation but she knew what they were saying, as well as how hard it was for them to think clearly while so distracted by the feeling of being in the other's arms.

"Everyone's staring at us," Tina managed to whisper.

"Then why don't we give them something to stare at?" Newt said.

Queenie gasped. The thoughts that had been accompanying those words both surprised and excited her. Tina, however, didn't know what he meant and froze in shock when Newt's lips met hers.

Her reaction frightened him and he began to pull away but Tina reacted quickly, raising her hand to his cheek and pulling him back. Soon, they were oblivious to everything around them, completely absorbed in the feeling of their first kiss.

Queenie smiled when she heard the camera click and Jacob chuckle. "Finally," he said.

"Finally," she repeated, pressing a kiss to his lips.

A/N: This idea came from the original title for "Trapped". My original title for the story was "Captured" but when I heard that I thought about a camera and pictures so I came up with this idea. I really like this story. It's short but I think it's cute.

I'm currently writing one more story to see if I can finish the notebook my short stories are in. Then, once I've seen the new movie, I'll come up with new ideas and write new stories in a new notebook. Speaking of the new movie, if I don't get the next story done before Friday, I won't be posting it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the story. If you did then vote and comment . . . please. Have a good day!

Bye!