The Auror and the Author Part 3

Emily gasped.

"You know where Grindelwald is?"

"I know where he will be," Tina replied. She pulled the door open. "Get the Underwoods. I'll get the others."

She pounded on the door across from hers. It was opened by Walters who looked very sleepy.

"Miss Goldstein, what's going on?"

"Get Hampton and Pearson. We need to go."

"Go where?"

"To the Ministry. We need to find Mr. Scamander."

Walters vanished into his room. He reappeared with the other Aurors. Emily came over with the Underwoods and they Disapparated.

Theseus's office was open and he sat at his desk, his head bent over some papers. He looked up when they came in.

"Miss Goldstein," he said. "What's going on?"

"I know how to find Grindelwald," she said," but we need to go now."

"Go where?"

"Where is Newt staying?" she demanded.

Theseus looked confused. "In his house, I assume."

"Can you get us there?"

"Yes, of course, but why?"

"Theseus!" Tina snapped. "Your brother is in danger."

Tina had traveled by Floo Powder before but she hadn't done it often. The Floo Network wasn't as extensive in America as it was in Britain. Theseus had given her the address and she had tossed the Floo Powder on the fire, repeating the address as clearly as possible before stepping into the green flame. Now, she stood in a dark room, brushing soot off her clothes. She pulled out her wand.

"Lumos," she muttered.

The tip of her wand lit up and she raised it to illuminate more of the room. She was in a living room furnished with a coffee table, a couch, and a couple of armchairs. Newt's blue coat and grey and yellow scarf hung on a hook by the door.

Tina turned to see Theseus step out of the fireplace. Three of the other Aurors had already come through. The others were staying behind in case help was needed.

"I've contacted the rest of my team," he whispered, brushing his coat off. "They'll be ready in case we need any backup."

Tina nodded. She motioned for her Aurors to stay hidden then followed Theseus up the stairs. He pushed open a door.

Tina froze.

Newt lay face down on his bed. He was still wearing his shoes. His white shirt was only half tucked into his brown pants.

Fear gripped Tina's heart. We were too late. She rushed forward. Setting her wand down on his dresser, she placed a shaking hand on his back.

He's alive.

Tina let out a shaky breath. She could feel his heart beating and the rise and fall of his chest with each breath. She shook him gently.

"Newt," she whispered urgently. "Wake up, Newt!"

Newt groaned and rolled over. His eyes opened.

"Tina!" he exclaimed, pushing himself up. "What in Merlin's name are you doing here at this time of night?" He saw his brother who was hovering behind Tina. "And you too, Theseus."

Tina ignored him. "What possessed you to go to sleep in your clothes? I almost thought you were dead."

"I was taking care of a sick Graphorn. I was so tired afterward that I just fell asleep. Now, what are you doing here?"