Chasing Grindelwald Part 3

Tina sat alone in a corner of the hotel lobby. Her copy of Newt's book lay open in her lap but she wasn't reading it. She was staring at a picture that she kept between the pages of the book. It showed her in Newt's arms as he spun her around, both of them happy to be together.

Queenie had taken the picture the day Newt had returned to New York and given Tina the copy his book. Tina had been so happy that she had jumped into his arms without thinking. He had spun her around and neither of them had noticed Queenie until after she had taken the picture.

Newt had just been incredibly embarrassed but Tina had been furious. She had never yelled at her sister but she had come awfully close to doing so that time. Queenie had just laughed and said that she was only mad because she was embarrassed but she promised that she wasn't going to show anyone. The picture hadn't shown up after that and Tina had all but forgotten about it. It wasn't until Queenie and Jacob got married that she remembered it. After a tearful goodbye early one morning, Tina had been miserable all day. When she had gotten home in the evening Newt was nowhere to be seen but his case lay in the middle of his room. Having decided that she'd rather be alone, she had gone into her room, picked up her copy of Newt's book, and flopped onto her bed. When she riffled through the pages of the book, a slip of paper had fluttered to the bed covers.

Tina had recognized what it was immediately. A small smile had formed on her lips when she remembered how mad she had been when it had been taken.

Tina looked around the hotel lobby. She had been so lost in thought that she had forgotten that most of the people around her were No-Majs. She hoped none of them had seen the picture moving. Quickly flipping the picture over, she read the message on the back.

 Quickly flipping the picture over, she read the message on the back

Don't be afraid to fall in love.
-Queenie Kowalski

Tina remembered when she had first read those words. They had made her feel so uncomfortable but they had been true. She and Newt had shared their first kiss that evening.

Tina stared at the message scribbled on the back of the picture as she made her way to the living room. Sinking into the couch, she turned the picture over again. A door opened and Newt came into the room so she quickly tucked the picture between the pages of her book.

"Queenie left you one as well?" Newt asked, taking a seat next to her.

Tina blushed and nodded slowly.

"Message on the back?"

Tina nodded again. She looked up in surprise as Newt took her hand.

"Queenie has been telling me that I -- that I love you, ever since that picture was taken. I didn't really understand the way I was feeling and I was afraid." Newt paused and Tina realized his hand was trembling. "But, I think she was right and I shouldn't be afraid to -- to admit that I love you."