Trapped Part 1

Newt was pushed along a dark, damp corridor until they reached a solid metal door. The man in front of him opened the door with a flick of his wrist and Newt was shoved inside. He stumbled forward as the door slammed shut behind him, throwing the room into complete darkness. Newt tripped and landed on something, or rather, someone. His head came into sharp contact with something hard.

The person groaned and shifted underneath him. His heart skipped a beat. The sound was just a groan, but it sounded familiar. He rolled to one side so as to get off the person.

"I'd tell you to watch where you're going but I can't even see anything and I've been here for ages," a voice said dryly. There was no doubt about it, Newt knew whose voice that was.

"Tina?" he gasped, reaching out to find her.

"N-- Newt?" she replied hesitantly.

Newt found her and pulled her into a hug. "Oh, Tina. I've been looking all over for you."

"How long have I been missing?"

"Almost seven weeks." 

Newt moved his hands up her shoulders until he found her face.

"Seven weeks?" Tina repeated.

Newt didn't reply. He ran his thumbs over her cheekbones then up her nose to her forehead in an effort to remind himself exactly what she looked like. He began running his fingers down either side of her face. His left fingers came in contact with something warm and sticky. Tina jerked backward and inhaled sharply. Newt slowly reached forward to take her face in his hands again.

"What did they do to you?" Newt asked.

He felt Tina's hand settle over one of his. "I'm sure you'll find out for yourself soon enough."

There was a pause.

"You know, this isn't exactly how I imagined our next meeting would be," Newt said. He slid over to sit next to her and slipped his arm around her shoulders. "I thought I'd be traveling to New York to give you my book."

Tina rested her head on his shoulder. "Have you finished it?"

"No, I've spent the last six weeks running all over Europe trying to find you."

"Well, you've found me."

"Yes, but I still don't know where we are or have any way of getting out."

"I suppose you'll just have to get used to being stuck here," Tina said. "It'll be nice not to be alone for the rest of my life."

"Do you really think we'll be here that long?" Newt asked.

"We'll be here till we die or they kill us," Tina replied. "Either way, I don't think we're getting out of here alive."

Newt was woken by a sharp kick in the shin. He opened his eyes, blinking against the blinding light. His eyes adjusted just in time to see Tina receive a similar kick. Her only reaction was to raise her hands to cover her face.

"Food time," the man in the doorway growled. He set two plates on the ground and used his foot to push them across the stone. "Goldstein will explain the rules." With that, he left, slamming the door behind him.

Tina lowered her hands. She grabbed a plate and started shoveling food into her mouth.

"What on earth did he mean by rules?" Newt said. He picked up the second plate and pushed the dubious looking food around with the fork.

Tina paused long enough to explain that the light and the plates would vanish as soon as the food was gone or if they waited for too long without eating. Newt shrugged and took a bite. He made a face and forced himself to take a few more bites before glancing at Tina. She had finished her food and the plate had vanished in her hands. He looked down at his own plate.