Chapter 6: Panic

Taehyung screamed and sat up as Jungkook fell off his bed. What the hell? What had happened?

When he looked down at the boy who stared at him from off the floor, he recognized him as one of the popular kids from his school.

Something around the name of Jungkok? Jungkuk? Wait. Taehyung tried placing the name on the boy who sat on the floor, staring at him in disbelief.

"Jungkook?" He said aloud and the boy on the floor just gulped.

"Why the fuck are you in my bed?" Jungkook asked, looking at Taehyung. He did remember what happened the night before, but he had given Taehyung an air mattress to use so he wouldn't have to share a bed with the drunk boy.

"What the- why the fuck are you even here?" Taehyung asked, rubbing his temples at the growing ache behind his head.

"This is my house sherlock. I took you here because you were drunk and refused to let me take you home." Jungkook said with a 'duh' face, picking himself up from off the floor to look at the boy with a hard stare.

Taehyung stayed silent. Instead, he felt his ears heat up.

That's before he realized he was in an unfamiliar shirt and sweatpants. Then his whole face heated up until he took the complete resemblance of a tomato.

Light seeped through Jungkook's bedroom windows, giving the room lighting for the two boys to look at each other properly and Jungkook actually saw all of Taehyung's bruises.

His left eye was almost swollen shut, a large ring of yellow circling that patch of his face. His lip looked like it had been ripped, due to the red scab that slid down a part of his bottom lip. Taehyung's hair was askew and Jungkook couldn't help but chuckle at how much of a crazy person he looked like at the moment.

Taehyung slowly shifted off the bed and onto his feet, staring at the ground in embarrassment. He had never slept at anybody else's home before.

Nobody was close to him other than Jimin, and Jimin had his reasons not to bring Taehyung home.

"They scream at each other every night." Jimin kept reminding him, making Taehyung drop the subject a long time ago.

He had never had a sleepover. Never once in his life.

And now here he was. At a home. Of some kid he didn't even really know. Wow. What a blast.

"Would you like to stay for breakfast?" Jungkook asked out of kindness and he received a confused look from Taehyung.

"You don't want me to leave right now?" The now hungover boy asked, scratching his head as he raised an eyebrow. Jungkook shrugged. "....Whatever, I guess."

With that, the younger of the two walked to the door and Taehyung followed slowly, slightly hesitant. He didn't feel hungry to be honest. His headache from the drinks the night before and he still felt exhausted. But when don't you? A voice in his head chided, making him chuckle at his own thoughts.

"What?" Jungkook looked over his shoulder as the two of them slowly made their way to the grand kitchen of the house, the light colour schemes hurting Taehyung's eyes.

"Nothing." The elder mumbled, glancing around the house as they walked, taking in the beautiful paintings and decorations that dotted the halls of the big home. "Your house sure is huge."

Jungkook sighed. "Yeah, I guess."

The two continued in an awkward silence, neither knowing what to say. But what was there to say without making it anymore awkward? All that went through Taehyung's mind was; Did I say anything while I was drunk? Why did I sleep with him? What the fuck. Why is he being nice?