STRUT

. . .

When morning broke Tilly and the rest of the Ravenclaw house learned of the escapades that happened last night with Sirius Black getting into the castle again. Claire Morgenstern was once again the source of the information and she took no time in telling the entire house about it.

"How was she able to find this out?" asked Padma, crossing her arms over her chest while staring at Claire the same as her other roommates. "She isn't even in Gryffindor! She hardly likes Gryffindors"

"Ooohh, maybe she can read minds," gasped Luna in an excited whisper. For years she's been hoping to master the art of reading minds.

Tilly rolled her eyes at the thought of Claire Morgenstern being able to read minds. She continued to watch as Claire surrounded herself with anyone who was still willing to listen to her talk.

"Doubt it," Tilly scoffed. "If she was able to read minds, she'd brag about that too."

Cho sighed from beside of Luna. She was the only one of her roommates to actually be friends with Claire.

"Perhaps it could be a certain Gryffindor boy named, Cormac McLaggen," shrugged Cho, wearing a sly smile. "The boy with whom she was taking a light night stroll around the castle with just last night."

Matilda and Padma both began laughing.

"Really?" Padma snorted, turning to Cho. "Cormac McLaggen?"

"Yes Padma," said Cho. "Why is that so funny to the two of you?"

"Cho you can't be that blind," said Tilly, also looking down at Cho now. "The boy isn't even capable of spelling his own name. I truly expected more from the Morgenstern."

Cho shrugged and nodded her head as she could now understand why Padma and Matilda thought the idea of Claire being with Cormac was laughable. All four girls now stood staring at Claire Morgenstern with their heads tilted, wondering how Claire Morgenstern puts up with an idiot like McLaggen.

. . .

Throughout the day, everywhere they went they saw signs of tighter security; Professor Flitwick could be seen teaching the front doors to recognize a large picture of Sirius Black; Filch was suddenly bustling up and down the corridors, boarding up everything from tiny cracks in the walls to mouse holes. According to Harry and Ron, Sir Cadogan had been fired. His portrait had been taken back to its lonely landing on the seventh floor, and the Fat Lady was back. She had been expertly restored, but was still extremely nervous, and had agreed to return to her job only on condition that she was given extra protection. A bunch of surly security trolls had been hired to guard her. They paced the corridor in a menacing group, talking in grunts and comparing the size of their clubs.