DEMENTORS

Just like every year before, on September the first, Rueban took his two daughters to Diagon Alley to help them collect everything they'd need for this school year

Rueban noticed that Tilly's list of classes was much longer than usual, she had to have Numerology and Grammatical for her Arithmancy class, The Monster Book of Monsters for Care of Magical Creatures, and the book was one that she remembered her mother telling her about, she was required to have five different books required for Study of Ancient Runes, and she, of course, needed the books for her regular core classes. Also, what really added to the list of books was the books for all the other classes she'd be adding to her schedule this term. 

Before the second year was over, Dumbledore had allowed Matilda to persuade him into letting her take on every class offered to help her chances of standing out amongst the sea of students. At first, he was wary, afraid that the young girl was expecting too much out of herself, but after thinking over it and hearing her argument he signed his signature on the agreement form. 

"I can't believe you requested to take every class that was offered to you this year," said Harper, as she watched their dad pay for the books. "I remember having to drop an elective my third year because it felt like I was doing too much." 

"Well, Harper, you and I are two different people," Tilly smiled sweetly, looking up at her sister who looked back at her wary of the smile, "I am the type of person who wants to succeed in life and you -- well, you're something else."

Harper rolled her eyes, looking away from her younger sister as she decided not to fight back. 

They went in a few other stores so that Tilly could spend the money her mom had given her. She expectedly bought new books and she spent the rest on quills, ink, and extra parchment. Her favorite buy was the recently released book on Azkaban. 

On their way out both Harper and Matilda stopped to admire a poster hanging on a wooden post. The large WANTED sign had grabbed their attention. 

"Who is Sirius Black?" asked Harper, looking back at her dad. 

"He's an escaped prisoner," said Tilly, as she read the poster, something Harper hadn't done. "He's obviously a criminal."

Rueban who stood behind the girls stared at the paper with a look of what could only be described as pity. He couldn't answer them right away, he thought he may tell them everything he knew. So, instead of saying anything he just continued to stare at the man in the photo who everyone thought of as crazy, evil, and murderous, but Rueban looked at him like a sad, old friend. 

"Sirius Black, was accused of an awful act, but truthfully it was never proven, only assumed by everyone who refused to hear him out," sighed Rueban, as he averted his gaze back to his daughters. 

Not wanting to stare at the poster any longer, Rueban began to exit the shop, Harper following close behind, but Tilly stayed looking over the poster intensely, she was studying the supposed murderous man in the photo. His hair was a long, black tangled mess and his eyes were so far sunken in and dark that they were barely visible. Through the black and white ink though you could still see the man behind the crazy. A man who looked as though maybe he was once good looking, and perhaps happy.