𝟬𝟲. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

( 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 )

vi

vi. the restricted section

Since the disastrous episode of the pixies, Professor Lockhart had not brought live creatures to class. Instead, he read passages from his books to them and sometimes reenacted some of the more dramatic bits. He usually picked Harry to help him with the reconstructions; so far, Matilda and the class had watched Harry play a simple Transylvania villager whom Lockhart had cured of a Babbling Curse, a yeti with a head cold, and a vampire who had been unable to eat anything except lettuce since Lockhart had dealt with him.

Matilda had come to hate the class just as she assumed she would when Lockhart was announced to be their Professor. Though she was glad it wasn't her that was being forced to reenact his tall tales.

He hauled Harry to the front of the class during their next Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson, this time acting as a werewolf.

"Nice loud howl, Harry — exactly — and then, if you'll believe it, I pounced — like this — slammed him to the floor — thus with one hand, I managed to hold him down — with my other, I put my wand to his throat — I then screwed up my remaining strength and performed the immensely complex Homorphus Charm - he let out a piteous moan — go on, Harry — higher than that — good — the fur vanished — the fangs shrank — and he turned back into a man. Simple, yet effective — and another village will remember me forever as the hero who delivered them from the monthly terror of werewolf attacks."

The bell rang and Lockhart got to his feet.

"Homework — compose a poem about my defeat of the Wagga Wagga Werewolf! Signed copies of Magical Me to the author of the best one!"

Matilda rushed out of the classroom not caring to hear anything else Lockhart might have to say. She passed Harry, Ron, and Hermione on her way out, they looked at her, but she didn't even stop to say hello. Instead, she rushed for the library and stopped at the front desk, waiting for Madam Pince to turn around.

She cleared her throat impatiently after waiting only a moment.

When she turned her eyes narrowed at Matilda. Madam Pince reminded Matilda of a vulture, she was tall and thin with a very sharp nose. Many people believed her to be an irritable woman, but Matilda quite enjoyed her. Since she was in the library more often than not, the two had bonded in some kind of way that gave them mutual respect for one another. Though, Madam Pince still wasn't very fond of the Ravenclaw girl.