Chapter 11

Arabella sighed dramatically. "You know... i'd like to meet Harry."

Lily's eyes widened. "You'd like to what?"

"Meet Harry."

"But- you can't do that!"

"Why not?"

"He's from the future, Bells. What would he do when he sees his deceased mother and father standing right next to him, thirty years younger? I tell you, he'd faint and die!"

Arabella snorted. "Yeah, yeah. It was just a thought. He seems like a good kid."

"Since he's been running from that- well, that wizard who tried to kill him for practically his whole life, yeah."

"I'm guessing he didn't live with Sirius then?"

"Er- Don't think so. Whoever he lived with, I hope he was happy there." There was a sudden boom as the portrait hole swung open. James barged in, his eyes blazing with anger.

"Evans!" He shouted. "Get over here!"

Lily rolled her eyes. "What's eating him?"

"You haven't played any pranks on him, have you?"

"Please, Bella, I haven't done one on him for two months. What do you expect?" But she walked towards James, startled by his anger.

"James Potter, what the heck is wrong with you?"

"I'll tell you what wrong!" He was shaking with anger. "I just came back from Dumbledore's office, and guess who and where Harry's going to live with after we die? Your sister Petunia!"

Lily's mouth dropped wide open. "You- you're joking."

"No, I'm not," he replied flatly. "It's the truth."

"What could possess us to not give Harry to Sirius... or Remus? Or one of my friends? Why Petunia, of all the people?"

James shrugged. "Dumbledore has his reasons."

Lily glared at him. "You always say that. I suppose you're right, though, the man does have his reasons. Brilliant wizard. Though a bit off his rocker."

"He wouldn't tell me who murdered us," persisted James.

"Why not?"

"It'll affect the future. Besides, he's going to put a memory charm on us to forget about all this stuff anyway. And the charm is going to be on the people who know about Harry and all that stuff in the future."

Lily siged. "I've always wanted to meet Hermione."

James snickered. "Yeah, seeing that you're her replica in the past. All she worries about is studying, too! Harry and Ron are more sensible."

"Oh really?"

"Of course. I've been observing and thinking about them, and they remind me a lot of Sirius and me. They're really close- closer than brothers."

"Poor dear- He needs love in his life," said Lily, sighing once more. "I'm really glad that Professor Dumbledore told us that a lot of people care for him in the absence of us."

James rolled his eyes. "Everyone's a 'poor dear' to you."

"Everyone except you," snapped Lily.

"Hey Lily, when's our next Potions test?" mimicked James.

"Argh! James Potter, SHUT UP!" Suddenly, Professor McGonagall barged into Gryffindor Tower. All the students looked stunned as she stared around wildly.