Chapter 30: Memories

(Chara's memory)

Hey Calvin! Aren't you gonna come outside?" I looked out my window, I was wearing my bandages of course afraid of the same thing that happened yesterday happen again. I saw my best friend standing in my front yard, it's funny I call her 'best' friend because she's my only friend, every other kid thinks I'm weird or scary because of my bandages.

I hop out of bed and run downstairs then out the front door, "So what's up?" I asked she rubbed the back of her neck and smiled nervously "Well...Do you have the answers to the homework cause I wasn't paying attention." I made a 'ptff' sound then started laughing, "You really should stop day dreaming in class." she shrugged "I know but it's not my fault your always in my thoughts." she winked and I blushed a deep cherry red.

"Y-you don't just say stuff like that!" she giggled and I covered my face attempting to hide my massive blush, "It's pretty early but I was thinking heading to school now, wanna come with?" I scratched my head "Uh sure why not." we started walking towards the living hell I call school.

I instantly regretted my choice because as soon as we got there I was pushed to the ground by my personal bully, the reason he's my personal bully is because he doesn't bully anyone else but the ten year old boy who is to weak to defend himself.

"C'mon Anthony! Stop being an asshole and leave him alone!" she said helping me to my feet, "Why do you hang around with this bandage freak? You can do so much better -----!" she rolled her eyes and dragged me away from them while Anthony just glared at me.

~~~~~

I walked home alone because ----- was picked up early, next thing I know I was pulled into an alleyway by Anthony and one of his goons. I sighed and stood there ready for whatever came next, "What is it? Ya know if ya wanted to talk to me you could've asked like a normal person." he gritted his teeth "Don't be smart Calvin Rodriguez." I chuckled "I need to be smart though that's why I go to school."

He pulled out a gun and smiled like a mad man, my eyes widen and I take a step back. "Hey Anthony what the hell man!? I thought we were just gonna beat 'em up!" one of his friends yelled, "Shut up!" he snapped on him then looked back at me, "Cya Calvin Alexander Rodriguez." after that a gun shot rang out throughout the alley.

I stumbled back after being shot in the chest, coughing up blood and falling onto the floor. The last thing I remember is shouting and then seeing a faint face...Then it all went black.

"AHHHHHH!" I screamed waking up from whatever that was, sweat covering my body I trembled and felt my chest and saw the scar from the bullet wound. Frisk and Amber rushed into the room to see what was wrong with me, "Babe you okay?!" Frisk said sitting next to me, putting her hand on my cheek.

They both looked at me with at me with concern, "Y-yeah I'm fine, just a vivid memory." she nodded and Amber sighed in relief, "So what did you remember?" Amber asked, I took a deep breath trying to remember everything I just saw. "Well I remembered talking to that girl you mentioned then we went to school, I was pushed by some kid...Anthony I think his name was? Anyway after that my friend went home early and I walked home, Anthony and his goons pulled me into an ally and...Shot me."

Frisk looked shocked but she looked like it sounded familiar, Amber nodded "I remember that day, she dragged you back to our home and our 'parent's' almost let you bleed out on the floor. Luckily Uncle Thomas was there and he stitched you up, she wouldn't leave until uncle was finished and she wouldn't leave until she knew for sure you were okay."

Frisk stared blankly for a second not saying a word which scared me a little, "Hey Frisk, you okay?"

(Frisk's p.o.v)

I didn't know what to say, this all sounded so familiar to me and I wasn't sure if I was just confused or not but I felt like I was missing a piece of information, "Chara do you remember what this girl looked like?" I asked and he shrugged, "She had brown hair it was about shoulder length, golden eyes, a blue and purple sweater that was way to big for her, and brown shorts with black boots."

"Did she have ever open her eyes?" I asked, this question was depending on if my theory was right "No I don't think so, the only person she ever showed her eyes was me." my jaw practically dropped of my face, but I tried to hint at who the girl was,

"Huh interesting, I also had a best friend when I was younger. He always whore bandages over his eyes except for when he came over to go in my tree house. He had short messy light brown hair that he almost never did, a green and yellow vest with a black short sleeve collar shirt underneath. Sometimes he would just wear a over sized T-shirt maybe his fathers or something."

"He had tan shorts with bandages also covering his right arm and half of his left, always covered in scars he was really funny and really cute even though he didn't think so, he thought he was some type of demon because that's what his parents called him based on the color of his eyes." Chara sat and listened and slowly started realizing who I was talking about, Amber still looked a little confused and I continued.

"I used to call him Cally-Cal," I giggled and this time it was Chara's jaw that dropped, "Frisky bits, ha I remember now!" I smiled at the old nickname I was given when I was younger, "Wait wait wait, what the hell is happening?" Chara smiled "Apparently Frisky here was my best friend when I was younger!" she sat quietly for a couple seconds but then started laughing, "Why am I not surprised! Guess you were right Frisk you really do know more about Calvin."

I blushed, "You heard that?" she nodded "You weren't exactly quiet in your mumbling ha, because you two spent so much time together you probably know everything about each other." she said and I shrugged. "Probably, so Cally wanna test it?" he laughed "Sure why not." Chara got up to get a shirt and when he came back we started asking each other questions,

"Let's start off easily, what's my favorite color?" he rubbed his chin which surprisingly started growing a little goatee, "Easy, it's blue." I nodded and he fist pumped causing Amber and I to laugh "Haha okay good, what was the pretend cuss words I used." he thought and Amber looked at me with a raised eyebrow, "Why fake ones?"

"I didn't really like cussing back then, still don't but I'll say some every now and again." she nods and Chara looks like a sudden light bulb went off "Got it! Shit was shug, ass was arse, fuck was frick, bitch was bill-winkle,"
"You forgot one-" he interrupted, "And! You didn't even like saying stupid so you took out the S and just said 'tupid." I clapped giggling a bit, "Alrighty then look at you Mr. Know-it-all." he smirked and Amber just shrugged to herself because of my weird words.

"My turn," he said I smiled and nodded, "What's my biggest fear?" I had to think on this one a little, Chara or Calvin had a lot of things he was scared of, many because of the things his parent's scarred him with.

"Is it the dark?" he looked shocked then nodded, "It's not because I'm a bitch or anything! It's cause every time I'm in the dark I think of when my 'father' used to lock me in the basement." Amber looks down at the floor and I nod, "Anyway what's my favorite slang word?"
"Oh that's easy it's yo." Chara laughs and Amber snaps back into reality and smirks at him "Yo. Really Cal?" he shrugs and we all laugh together.

"All right last one cause I'm not very creative, what's my favorite food?"
"Your taking it way to easy on me, that's obviously chocolate." he shrugs once more and we all laugh again. I haven't seen him this happy in a while,

Let's just hope it stays that way...