Chapter 18: Freedom

(Frisk's p.o.v)

Loud bangs woke me up out of my sleep, when I got up I felt the castle shake. I ran out of Chara's room looking for him, I found Bob and Sans with a worried look on their faces, I ran over to them and asked "Where is Chara?" Bob looked at me with relief "I'm glad to see your okay Madam, the king is in the barrier room but.." his worried expression returned 

"The door will not open and every so often we hear cries of agony. Like someone is getting hurt, and it sounds a lot like Chara." I was honestly scared, someone got into the castle and is fighting Chara, and he's losing!? 

Sans noticed this and said "Kid I could try to get you in there, but you'll have to get him yourself. After I use my powers I get really weak." I nodded, Sans put his hand on my shoulder and everything went black or was it white? I don't even know!
I looked around and we were in a black area with a bright white light coming from one area "Go ahead kid I'll be right here." I nodded and ran towards the light, a loud bang and the castle shaking stopped me for a second.

When the shaking stopped I started running again, I got to the light and saw a horrifying sight, Chara was lying on the ground blood and cuts all over him, a boy who kinda looked like Toriel and Asgore, holding his soul. "CHARA!" I yelled, he coughed up blood and the boy looked at me and smiled.
"Oh another human! Chara is she your friend? Don't worry human it'll all be over soon!" his voice was psychotic 'wait is THIS asriel? If it is why would he do this to Chara?' I thought, I ran over to Chara while asriel walked over to the barrier.

(Chara's p.o.v)

'Oh crap Frisk is here now, I can't let anything happen to her even if it costs me my life.' I got up holding my chest and grabbed my sword, I was about to fall but I used my sword as a cane and went over to "asriel" and stabbed him in the back. He gasped and fell to his knees "I wasn't expecting that brother, nice job." He said as he turned to dust, all that was left was flowers that was covered in his dust.
I sighed and collapsed onto the floor, "Chara!" Frisk ran to my side and stared to cry, I put my bloody hand on her cheek.

"Please don't cry Frisk, the monsters are free be happy and lead them in my place okay." I smiled and she nodded still crying, suddenly everything went black and I went limp.

(Frisk's p.o.v)

Chara stopped moving and his eyes closed "Chara! Please no! Wake up!" 

But there was no response 

I cried into his chest, everyone came running in after a while Toriel, Asore, Sans, Papyrus, Undyne and Alphys. Toriel covered her mouth and started crying, Asgore bowed his head Sans and Papyrus stood shocked, Undyne also bowed her head and Alphys started crying.

I begged Chara to wake up but every time I tried there was no response, Toriel put her hand on my shoulder and said "He's gone my child." I stood up and looked at the broken barrier with dried tears.

"Chara passed the throne to me and told me to take care of the monsters before he died, which is exactly what I'm going to do."

((A/N ;-;))