...Tell Her Yourself

We need different POVs guys. Do you want more information or not?

Lol, anyway, I'm back. I've had writers block from all ends.

*** And p.s. no I don't know when HCMG is going back up. I wasn't kidding when I said I'm not replying to anyone who asked me. I have no clue. When it happens you'll know.

¿*?

75. ...Tell Her Yourself

Damian's POV

“Listen, you have to start talking,” I told her lowly, “Tell me what you know, that's the only way you stay alive if Ace finds out you're here.”

  She looked a lot better that she did yesterday. A lot less than death, that is. She was cleaner and they gave her medication and food, so that help a bit.

  But she wouldn't speak.

  I have no clue what she went through and I refuse to believe that it was because I rejected her. I'd really like to know that it was something different.

  It's sad because I've seen people get like this after being rejected. They refuse to live after that and it's absurd to me.

  Whatever it is that she went through, I didn't know if that was the reason but she wouldn't talk. About anything.

  She'd wake up screaming or on the verge of it, but I was always here to calm her down before the doctors came running with sedatives. That's all they know to do, fill people up with drugs because they don't want to deal with them.

  I hated it. They didn't really try. They just hold them down and when the person doesn't calm down after three seconds, they pull out a needle. But I'll snap every one of their necks if they do much as come close to her with one of those.

  She was staring at me emotionlessly. That's what she's always done. I never asked her anything until now so it didn't really bother me. But now, I needed her to say something. I was trying to save Onyx along with her life. She didn't seem to understand the severity of the situation.

  I sighed and took it down a couple, starting simple, “What’s your name?” I ask her softly.

  I knew her name. But this might be one way to get her to talk.

  One of my hands were in hers and I couldn't overlook the warmth that it radiated through my body even if I wanted to. I reached up to brush my fingers across her cheek, feeling the burning but tingling sensation in my fingertips.

  Her eyelashes fluttered and she stared at me with those beautiful dull eyes and I had to force myself remember why I was here. I wasn't here for her. At least, that's what I was trying to convince myself.

  It took a while, but when she replied, her voice was frail and cracked.

  I gave her a small smile, “Hi, Cassandra,” I whispered, moving a stray lock of hair from her face.

  Despite her boney features and sunken eyes, I couldn't see her as anything but beautiful.

  She whispered back, “Hi.”

  I stopped myself from smiling wider, “Can you tell me what happened to you?” I asked.

  Her eyes started to water and she looked away, her chest heaving.

  I got up, placing my hands on her face gently and meeting her eyes, “Ssshh, hey, you're okay,” I soothed continuously until her breathing evened out a little, but the tears made their way out of the corner of her eyes, trailing down and disappearing into her hair.

  She started to talk but her words were jumbled and rushed, coming out in short pants and her eyes were going everywhere.

  Her monitor was going wild and she started to tremble.

  I argued internally with myself whether I should do what I was thinking, “Dammit,” I sweared lowly to myself then leaned in, placing my lips on hers.

  It was like a weight was lifted off me the second my lips touched hers and she went slack.

  It wasn't anything spontaneous, just a chaste kiss, but it felt like more.

  I pulled back slowly, my forehead on hers. I had no clue how long we were like that but I was well aware that this wasn't the time for this. I couldn't help it. There was the pull inside me and my wolf urging me accept her. Protect her. And I would.

  Protect her, that is.

  I'm not sure if I was ready for the first one yet.

  “H-He took my parents,” she said lowly, so low I would've missed it if I didn't have incredible hearing.

  I pulled back, watching her face. Her eyes were closed, but opened when I pulled away.

  “He,” she swallowed hardly and my jaw clenched, waiting for the worse, “He put me in the cellar and then he took them,” her bottom lip trembled, “He said that I deserved it. B-Because I did the same thing to her.”

  That brought me back to reality. I was brought back to the dark cellar under the house with a silver door. No sunlight. No food.

  My hands slid from her face and both sides of me argued. The side that wanted to tell her that she did. That she was a horrible, sadistic person who didn't deserve happiness.

  But then there was the other part that wanted to soothe her. Tell that she didn't. That no one deserves that kind of treatment.

  But she had no problem doing it to her own ‘sister' did she? Without reason.

  The tears started again and she probably saw that I wasn't going to say otherwise. So she kept talking.

  “He said,” she paused, “he was going to reunite them and that I was going to rot-” she stopped.

  “Did he say where he was taking them?” I demanded.

  She pressed her lips together and blinked rapidly, holding back her tears. She shook her head but swallowed, “H-He did say they might like the… tower,” she didn't sound sure but I got it immediately.

  I moved quickly. In a second, I was by the door.

  “Damian!” She called, her voice cracking at the high pitch.

  I stopped, looking over my shoulder and stopping myself from going back to her side when she started coughing. It sounded painful.

  “Tell her I'm sorry,” she said softly.

  “That's something you're gonna have to tell her yourself.” I replied, pulling the door open.