You Will Not Be There

30. You Will Not Be There

  "Oh so this is how it is." Blue Eyes says as he walks into Ace's office.

  Ace and I look up from the book we were reading and looked at each other before turning our gaze to Blue Eyes who was standing in the entrance looking enraged.

  "You're both on good terms so you just leave the injured man to fend for himself huh!" He marches into the room.

  Ace and I look over at each other again, then back at him.

  "First of all," I say in confusion, "You've been fully healed for more than a week now, and second, it's only been two days."

  "Exactly!" He shouts, "Two days of emotional injury and loneliness​! You two are supposed to be my friends! Supporting me!" He starts to pace back and forth.

  Ace sighs and closes the book that was on our lap, "Why don't you just sit down man." He says, getting up from next to me to set the book down on his desk.

  Blue Eyes drags his feet sluggishly across the floor until he's close to the couch and drops down next to me lazily.

  "I take it you wanna talk about it now?" I ask, looking over at him. He nods sluggishly, his eyes closed, "You looked pretty angry, so I figured you'd want some space and you'll come to me when you're ready." I tell him.

  He groans, his head falling on my shoulder. I jumped, then quickly wrapped my arms around him, rocking him slightly, "Okay, so maybe it wasn't my idea, but I wouldn't have agreed to it if I didn't think it was agreeable." I confess.

  He groans again, making some gurgling noises. I hold back a laugh, reaching up to pat his head softly, "There, there." I look over at Ace who was sitting in his chair, angled toward us and playing with a pen in his hands. "Am I doing this right?" I mouth to him. He grins, sending me a thumbs up and I grinned back at him.

  Suddenly he leaned away from me and I quickly wipe the grin off my face, "There's over seven billion people on this planet and over a thousand packs and it just had to be her." He mumbles.

  "Maybe if you get to know her-"

"I don't want to get to know her!" He exclaims, sitting straighter, "I'd prefer a human in all honesty." He says firmly.

  "Hey, don't say that." Ace says.

  Blue Eyes blinks at him in shock, then points at me, "Did she tell you what they did to her?"

  Ace's jaw clenched, "Yeah, so?" He says trying his hardest to sound calm, but the pen snapping in half in his hand gave him away.

  "Have I ever told you how shit you are at lying?" Blue Eyes says, looking slightly amused.

  "Maybe once or twice." Ace says, letting out a hard breath. He throws the broken pen into a small bin sitting on the floor next to his desk, "You don't know how much I want to kill them." He says lowly, his voice deep and threatening.

  I looked back and forth between the two as their anger and threats rolled off of them in waves.

  "Exactly. I can't be with someone so..." He trails off, stuttering over his words, "That's just so fucking sick." He shook his head, "I can't do it."