I Never Do

56. I Never Do

  I stood at the side of my bed, staring at Ace as he snored lightly against the pillow.

  He's so cute, I thought.

  He was laying on his stomach, the side of his face pressed into the pillow and his lips parted slightly. The sheets were​ tangled around his waist and his back muscles were on full display.

  For the past three months, either he's been sleeping in my bed or me in his. Mostly his, since both of us hardly fit on my bed, but he doesn't seem to mind at all because he loves being tangled up with me.

  Flip him.

  What! N-

  I ignored Dakoda's protest and gripped the edge of the mattress and pulled it up swiftly.

  Ace rolled off of the bed and fell on the floor with a loud thump. I grinned when I heard him groan.

  "What the fuck, Syl," He said, his voice deep and gruff, just how I like it.

  I clapped my hands together and jumped on top of the bed, peering over the edge at him, "Wakey, wakey, it's time for our run," I sang before getting off of the bed and going over to my closet to get clothes.

  Also for the past three months we've been getting up every morning at five and going for a run in the woods. Sometimes if we're up to it, we go to the river where we used to meet up which was a couple of miles away, but our speed helped in getting us there in record time.

  "Do we have to?" He groans from the floor.

  "Yup," I nodded, "And it's Saturday, so the faster we get it over with, the faster you get to go back to bed."

  "No, I don't," He mumbles, "I have work to do."

  I made a face, "Fine. You can sit it out this time, but I'm still going," I tell him.

  When I turned round with my clothes in my arms, he was standing by the side of my bed, running a hand over his head. I sighed, my eyes running down his chest until it met the v that disappeared into his sweats.

  That's where my cheeks got hot. Three months of him laying next to me shirtless every night and I'm still not used to it.

  "I'm not letting you go out there by yourself," He said and I moved out of the way so he could walk around the bed to get his shoes, "It'll ease my anxiety if I'm with you," He said as he finished putting on his shoes and took his shirt from the floor, pulling it over his head.

  His back muscles clenched and I swooned. He must've heard me and turned around with a grin.

  "Why do you look so good, dammit!" I snapped.

  His grin widened, "I just love how blunt you are," He said in amusement, "I'll see you in a bit." He said walking over to the door and opening it.

  A girl was walking by my room and when she looked up and saw him her eyes widened and she hurriedly looked away, her walking speeding up.

  I bit down on my lip to hold back a laugh. When Ace looked at me over his shoulder I grinned.

¿*?