Fine, Let's Talk

53. Fine, Let's Talk

  "Why are you hiding again?"

  I took one last look out the door, peering down the empty hallway before I closed and locked it.

  "From Ace," I tell him briefly.

  His expression twisted into confusion, "Weren't you just angry a couple hours ago that he wasn't-"

  "You don't know anything," I snapped and he stopped talking, "Something happened. Something bad," I whispered, walking over to him slowly.

  "Like what?" He asked in confusion.

  "It was really, really bad," I stressed, staring at him with wide eyes.

  "What? You didn't break anything on him did you?" He asked worriedly, getting up from his desk.

  I made a face, "No, and even if I did, he would've deserved it," I crossed my arms over my chest.

  "Then what happened?" He asked in confusion.

  "I k-" I stopped, letting out a breath, "I kissed him."

  He stared at me in confusion for a second before a slow grin spreads across his face, then the next second he was laughing loudly while clutching his stomach.

  "Oh my goddess, you're so dramatic and adorable," He laughed, sitting back down behind his desk and started moving papers around.

  I made my way over to him while speaking lowly, "This isn't funny," I hissed, "I didn't mean to do it. I wasn't thinking and it just..." I sputtered and my cheeks and neck started getting warm, "Happened."

  He chuckled, leaning back in his desk and crossing his arms over his chest, "And you're hiding from him?" He retorts with a grin, "In my room? You do know this is the first place he's gonna look right?"

  My heart broken into a sprint and I didn't think before I was running toward the door to leave.

  Only when I yanked it open, there he was, leaning against the door frame and pushing the sleeves of his shirt up to his elbows. He ditched his suit jacket somewhere and now he was just in a light blue button down, tucked into his black slacks.

  I gulped as he looked up at me. His eyebrows raised, "Done talking?"

  Tongue-tied, all I could do was nod aggressively.

  "Good, cause it's my turn," He said, taking my hand and pulling me after him down the hall.

  I pulled my hand away, "I'm not talking to you."

  He turns back to me and got so close that I had to stop breathing. His chest was brushing against mine and I tried to keep my features blank but I probably looked constipated and I had to struggle to hold his gaze.

  "Syl, I am not going to entertain you avoiding me again. It's childish, and even though I don't know exactly how old you are, you're not a child. So come on," He steps back and starts walking away again. When he noticed I wasn't following after him, he turns back and raised his eyebrows at me, "Come on."