Keep Your Toys Out Of My Room

19. Keep Your Toys Out Of My Room

  I dropped into my room through the window, just like I did last night. I rolled once before standing to my full height with a huff. But something was different and as I took a deep breath, I let it out with a growl that emanated from the back of my throat.

  Someone's been in here. The scent was faint but it's there.

  I took another deep breath, trying to calm myself but that scent just kept driving me crazy. I rushed toward the door and yanked it open, stepping out into the hall and taking deep breaths of the fresh air to calm my shaking body.

  "Are you okay?" A feminine voice asks from beside me.

  I nod and it felt almost robotic. I started walking away, on my way to find Blue Eyes before I lose it completely.

  "Someone was in my room." I snap as soon as I opened the door to his room, forgetting all about his 'knock before opening' policy.

  I froze in my tracks as I took in the sight in front of me. Blue Eyes was standing with his back turned to his mirror, only a grey towel wrapped around his waist.

  "Knock before open, Onyx." He whines.

  I slammed the door shut, my jaw clenched as took a step forward into the room.

  "What happened?" I demand, not in the slightest bit shaken by the fact that I walked in on him half naked. What had my attention, however, were the three large claw marks across his chest and numerous ones going across and down his back.

  He clenched his jaw, obviously in pain but trying his darndest not to show it, "It's nothing." A groan slips pass his lips as he tried to reach around his back to wipe away the dark black liquid that's coming from the wounds in his back with a small face towel.

  I closed my eyes, "It was him wasn't it." I already knew.

  "It's fine." He grunts, "His wounds just takes a little while to heal."

  I nodded, "Okay." I turn back toward the door, yanking it open so hard that the door knob broke into the wall.

  "Onyx!" Blue Eyes shouts when he realized where I was going.

  "He must be out of his damn mind." I growl, my voice dropping an octave lower as my control slipped slightly.

  Ace's office was the large mahogany double doors at the end of the hall and as I marched down the hall, my hands curled into fists by my sides.

  I pushed through the double doors harshly and despite how heavy they are, they slammed open wide, banging against the walls on either side.

  "Who the fuck do you think you are." I growl, marching over to his desk.

  He must have been in a meeting seeing as numerous people were sitting in chairs and on couches as they spoke, but I really didn't care. He pushed out of his chair, glaring at me fiercely.

  "Get out." He growls, his eyes started turning a metallic grey as his wolf took over.

  "Are you crazy?," I growl back, "He didn't do anything! Anything to deserve that!"

  "Get. Out." He says lowly.

  In my periphery, I saw men walking up to me and my head snapped to the side as I glared at them, "Don't you dare take another step." I growl at them threateningly. They all stopped walking at the same time and their eyes widened.

  "You," I turn back to Ace, "Are going to tell me, what is it that he did that was so bad that you decided to almost kill him-"

  "He slept with you!" He booms, and I watched as the red swirls started appearing in his eyes. That was all that was there, grey and red. No white, no brown. Just a deep pool of metal and crimson.