|20| A Rose is Still A Rose

Talia's POV

"Talia, you know that you can't let this effect you, right? You're still you no matter who your parents are and you're my fucking best friend and I'll be damned if I'm going to lose you. You were doing so well until this happened." Ashton confessed while we were currently having brunch, her treat. After my dad had left, she ultimately made it her mission to drag me out of the house. 

She found out about my whole parent situation and was trying her best to cheer me up and I appreciate her more than ever for it. This is what real friends are for. Ashton would go to war for me and I would do the same for her and I'm so thankful to have her.

"I know. I'm going to get back into my routine, it was just a lot to process." I confessed being completely honest. I had been off my game this whole week and I need to fix it. I'm tired of feeling sorry for myself and my goal is not to get sympathy from everyone around me. I'm anything but weak. 

"I can understand that. Are you going to try and talk to her?" That was one question that no one has asked me yet, to be honest I really didn't know. I mean, what would I say? 

"I honestly don't know. What would I say to her? I mean I've been without her close to thirty years of my life, do you really think it would make a difference now?" I replied while cutting into my french toast.

"You're not going to know until you try babe. This might be good for you."

"Or it could cause me more trauma than before." I muttered.

"Now I see what Steph was talking about. You are always so negative and I never noticed until he pointed it out."

"I'm not trying to be negative Ashton, honestly. I'm just scared that if I do talk to her it would do more damage."

"Look at me. You are a strong, gorgeous, beautiful woman who is an amazing daughter, sister, mother, girlfriend, and best friend. That definition of you is not going to change no matter what may happen. At the end of the day, you will be the exact same person that we all love and care about. I want the best for you. You've known that since day one." She's about to make me cry.

"I know." I quietly answered.

"Go out on a limb babe and try. If you want I'll go with you so you won't be by yourself. I'll move my schedule around. I want you to be as comfortable as possible if you do this."

"Ashton, I can't let you do that."

"Um, I can and I will. You just have to say the word."

"I think that this is something that I have to do by myself. I really need closure in every area of my life no matter how traumatic it may be."

"It's up to you. If you're down there and you change your mind I'll be on the first flight no doubt."

"I appreciate you so much Ashton, you have no idea." She scoffed.

"Uh yeah I do. I'm the light of your damn life."

"Um, that would be my kids, but you're a close two or three." She was sipping on her mimosa when her eyes went wide.

"Only because of Steph! You know how he is." I answered while holding my hands up in defense.

"Okay, I feel you. I love Steph too but if he hurts one hair on your head I'll kill him." She calmly replied while looking at the dessert menu.

"Ashton!"

"What? I know you'll bail me out if needed." All I could do was laugh. The thing is I knew that Ashton was serious. She might not kill him, but she'll do some damage.