|5| Happy Ending We Originally Wanted

Talia's POV

The game finally ended and me and the girls were currently in the family area waiting for Steph like he told me to do earlier. The girls were extra excited since the Warriors won against the Lakers. Even though I enjoyed the game, the conversation that I had with Steph earlier was still in the back of my mind. I could barely concentrate on what was going on in front of me because of it. I just hope he doesn't despise me for it, or my girls when they find out. I know that there is only a matter of time before I have to tell them. More than likely it will happen soon. 

"Girls, have you decided where you want to go eat?" I asked turning to look at them. Tae was scrolling through her phone while Ty was looking over her shoulder trying to see what she was doing. 

"Southern Blues is not too far from here and it has really good reviews. Our friend Emily at school told us about it since she's been there before. I think she said she went there the last time she was in Oakland with her aunt." I was always down for southern cuisine since I grew up in the south. That also meant that the portion sizes were probably going to be huge. 

"Sounds like a plan." I responded while looking down at my phone. I just think that the timing is absolutely crazy. I reunited with Steph, Sonya apparently told him what happened, and then my mother calls me out of the blue for the first time in eleven years. I still haven't called her back. It's not because I don't want to, it's because I don't know what to say. Like oh hey mom, you remember when you kicked me out of the house and didn't care if I had to live in my car while pregnant? That didn't seem like a proper way to start a conversation and knowing me and my smart mouth, I would probably say something like that. 

"Talia, you ready to go?" Steph asked me breaking me out of my trance.

"Oh yeah, the girls decided where they wanted to go. They said Southern Blues."

"Their food is really good. Do you want to follow me there?" He asked while sliding on his jacket.

"We walked since our hotel is literally three blocks from here." Ty responded.

"That's fine. You'll ride with me and then I'll drop you back off at the hotel. Sound good?" Steph asked looking for everyone's approval.

"Yes! I really want some mac and cheese." Taelynn said which I was surprised by since this girl only really eats burgers. I cannot tell you how many packs of them I am buying during the week. It's like she inhales them. 

"Then let's go. We can go out this way." Steph said while we trailed behind him.

-----

"Seriously mom?!?!" Ty complained as I stole another fry from her plate.

"Hey, you two ran up my hotel bill so I will get payment however I see fit." I responded while taking another one and before biting into it, I stuck my tongue out at her while she did the same thing. 

"So I see you still like stealing food?" Steph said while taking a sip of his iced tea.

"Okay first of all you would always share with me any way." 

"No, I would ask you if you wanted anything and you said no and then when I got my food you would mean mug me until I gave you some." Steph replied while laughing.

"Well being the girlfriend and best friend had its benefits." This was definitely a good choice that the girls picked and I knew I was going to end up in a food coma sooner or later. 

"Yeah, I guess it did. So, you girls like living in L.A.?" Steph asked.

"It's pretty cool, but it's gotten weird. Mom is more famous than she was before so we sometimes have paparazzi around but other than that it's fine. We're really proud of her." Tae responded and I smiled.