|16| Because I Know Us

Talia's POV

I felt like I was a bad kid who got put on punishment by their parent. Next thing I knew Sydel showed up on my doorstep that same afternoon when I had dropped them off at the airport and apparently this all had to do with Stephen. Was I pissed? Slightly. However, I knew he did that for a reason. But, the last thing I needed was a babysitter. I was a grown woman the last time I checked. Don't get me wrong, I love Sydel and love having her company, however I felt that I needed these days to myself. Ashton was currently sitting in front of me while I was giving her a death stare while Sydel was watching television while scrolling through her phone not really paying us a lot of attention. 

"I didn't know! Honest! You know that I would never do that to you or put you in that type of situation."

I just gave her a look and quietly sipped on my fresh watermelon mint lemonade that I had made a few hours ago. I literally wanted to choke the shit out of her for what happened. She knew something was up when I ignored her calls for days on end. This morning she showed up on my doorstep concerned and wanting answers with a supply of my favorite asiago bagels with cream cheese as well as orange and blueberry scones with iced green tea from Panera as a peace offering. She knew it was weird for me not to call her since we talked almost every single day.  

"Talia, I am so sorry. I didn't realize she had dated Steph too. What she did to you was absolutely horrible. I'll talk to her about it. Why have you never mentioned this to me before?"

"And say what? That she should apologize and she's the ultimate bitch for everything she did? And I just tried to handle it myself that's why I didn't say anything. I just don't want her within 100 feet of me or Steph." Any time I had a situation I did my best not to involve anyone else. If I could take care of it myself, then that's what I did. 

"I never knew she had it out for you like that. I can't tell you how sorry I am. I always thought you two were cool. I would have never done that if I thought you weren't. You know me better than that. I shouldn't have assumed. I thought it would be a nice surprise, but I know for next time."

"Nothing I can do about it now." I said while shrugging my shoulders and wanting to change the subject.

"Where are the twins?" She curiously asked. I guess because the house was extra quiet. 

"With their father who I feel does not want anything to do with me anymore." I muttered while playing with my nails.

"Talia, be serious. That man loves you. If he didn't want anything to do with you he would have made the message loud and clear."

That's when Sydel jumped in and was looking at me like I was crazy.

"You are literally all he talks about. It was bad before, but it's even worse now especially because of the twins." Sydel exclaimed.

"What am I going to do if the twins told him?"

"Told him what?" They both asked at the same time.

"That I tried to hurt myself and they found me. He might try to take them away from me. He was acting really weird when I dropped them off and he had been fine when I had fixed them food. They had to have told him."

"Would you relax? He wouldn't dream of doing that to you. Talia, you need to talk to someone to get it all out so that something like that doesn't happen again. You are like a ticking time bomb. You can't keep all of that inside of you."

"Seriously, T. He wouldn't do you like that. If he does, I'll kick his ass." 

All I did was sigh and scroll through instagram on my phone to distract myself.