|17| "I finally have both of my parents and I want to keep it that way."

Stephen's POV

"Taina, you CANNOT go jump on the trampoline, you just ate!" These girls were running me up the wall. I just wanted to lock myself in my room and drown out all the noise. 

"But I didn't even eat that much! Please?!?!" She pleaded with me hoping to change my mind, but it wasn't going to happen. I could already see how this was going to end in disaster. 

"Put it this way, if you go and throw up on that brand new trampoline that I bought less than five hours ago and just put together two hours ago you are going to clean it up."

She huffed before crossing her arms and slumping down into her seat next to Taelynn who simply glanced at her and then turned her attention back to her new iPad. I can't even begin to explain the amount of money that I have spent on them within the past week. Anything goes when it comes to my girls. 

First, I got everything for their rooms including paint, furniture, and new beds, along with a desk. Taelynn wanted pink (no surprise, just like her mom) and Taina decided on purple. Second, a trampoline that I just mentioned before, iPads, a new phone for Taelynn since she mysteriously broke hers (I didn't even ask, it was in pieces), and more clothes and shoes. 

"I want to call mom!" Taina now whined. She had been like this for the past two days. I'm assuming that she really misses Talia considering they aren't away from her for long periods of time. I'm surprised that it wasn't Taelynn complaining.

"You'll call her before you two go to sleep." I answered while Taina glanced at the clock on the wall and then groaned. It was only three in the afternoon.

"Can we go to sleep now then?" Taina said while Taelynn looked at her and rolled her eyes.

"You can if you want, that's on you." Taelynn replied sounding just like her mother and all I could do was laugh. 

"Relax Taina, why don't you get your iPad or finish that book you were reading?" 

"I guess I could go and finish it. I only have like 6 chapters to go."

"Go do that and then soon enough it will be time to call her, okay?"

"Alright, fine." She made her way to the winding staircase to go and head into her room.

"Did you tell mom that we told you about the thing?" Taelynn asked me while glancing up from her iPad. 

"What thing?"

"Dad, you know, the thing!" Then suddenly the realization hit me.

"No, I didn't mention it and that is something you don't need to worry about." For them to be as young as they are, I swear that they are mini adults. It's just some things that they know that I had no idea about when I was their age. 

"How can I not? I don't want to lose my mom." Hearing Taelynn say that broke my heart. That's never something that should come out of an eleven year old's mouth. 

"I promise you that nothing like that is going to happen. She's going to be fine."

"I finally have both of my parents and I want to keep it that way."

---

9 pm

"Dad!!! You promised!!! Where's your phone? I want to do Facetime!" Taina exclaimed while running into my bedroom with Taelynn quickly behind her. They sat on either side of me while I grabbed my phone off the nightstand.

Just then I saw her beautiful face come onto the screen. She looked different, but a good different. Almost as if she was glowing. She looked happy, sort of like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Even if it hadn't been that long.