One of them, a math professor named Peter dropped him back off at the apartment that night and he was wasted. Peter and I met a few times and he apologized for allowing him to get so drunk, but he told me Alex told them it was his bachelor party. Seeing the confused look on my face Peter laughed and told me they hadn't gone to a strip club, but just a bar downtown. He helped me set the stumbling Alexander on the couch before leaving.

I left Alexander to sleep on the couch that night and since then we have barely spoken. I woke up the next morning and went to see Luna. I told her what was going on and she assured me everything would be okay, he just needed to get it through his head that I chose him. When I got back that night Alexander wasn't home. He later showed up drunk once again. I yelled at him asking him what he was doing and he simply replied "trying to forget that you're destined to be with someone else."

We haven't really spoken since and that was two nights ago.

"Come on out Charlie!" James calls. I was currently having my final dress fitting and trying to forget how bad things were between me and my soon to be husband.

I slowly walk out and James, Jesse, Wayne, and Luna sit with wide eyes. "You look absolutely beautiful Charlotte!" Luna gushes and the boys nod in agreement. My dress was a form fitting lace look with a sweetheart neckline. It fit me perfectly and as I turned to look myself in the mirror I couldn't help the tears that filled my eyes. I remember daydreaming about what kind of dress I'd wear when I married Alexander and now just days from my wedding and we aren't even speaking...

_______________

As well as I know my Alexander sometimes I feel like there are pieces of him I don't know at all. He'll go from telling me how he plans on marrying me one day; to believing I cheated on him the next. I know he is insecure, but I don't know why. He is all I want and I've expressed that to him on more than one occasion. I've made it very clear to him that I want to spend the rest of my life with him as much as he wants to spend his with me. I don't know what else to do or say to convince him.

Just before we went to see his parents he had complimented my dress, saying he really liked the lace, so I joked that maybe I'd wear a dress with lace to our wedding. His eyes had lit up with joy and then just hours later those same eyes looked at me with accusations as he asked me if I had been with anyone other than him...

A knock on the bathroom door startles me from my thoughts; I had almost forgotten I was leaning against the bathtub since I had just had morning sickness once again. "Alexis honey its grandma. You okay in there?"

I sigh. "Yeah just morning sickness again," I tell her.

"Oh okay, well Alexander is at the front door and I didn't invite him in because I know you two are still not really talking," she says. Count on my grandma to have my back. But I know I need to talk to him.

"You can let him in, I'll be out soon."

I hear her walk away as I stand shakily and clean myself up. I take my time before walking to my room where I know Alex will be waiting. And just as I thought he is sat on my bed with a frown as he stares blankly at an ultrasound of our baby. I clear my throat and his eyes shoot up to mine.

"Ally," he says as his frown deepens. This was the first time he's really talked to me since I stormed out of his house almost a week ago. "I just came—I mean—My mom talked to me again—And I just need to know for sure..." He drags off when he sees the look of pure disgust on my face. To think I thought he'd come here to apologize...

"I already answered you Alexander. The fact that I have to tell you this again is absolutely insane. You are the only person I have ever been with. If you truly believe there's a chance this baby isn't yours I want you to leave right now and never come back. I will raise her on my own if I have to, because I'll be damned if I let someone who doesn't trust me stand by my side," I glare at him, arms crossed, my stance not faltering.

"You'd kick me out of your life?" He asks in disbelief as if I was the bad guy here.

I scoff. "If you don't trust me, yes."

His eyes flash with hurt, which baffles me when he is the one that is doing this to himself. He says nothing as he gazes at the ultrasound again.

"Look Alex, I think you should just leave," he immediately looks back up. He looks like he's going to say something, but I cut him off. "Clearly a week wasn't enough time for you to figure this out. I suggest you go think about it on your own without your mother poisoning your mind. If you realize how stupid you're being than I'll be waiting for an apology, if not consider yourself a part of my past and stay the hell away from me."

_______________

It's been twenty-two years, we are about to get married, and I still doubt his faith in me.

"Oh Charlie, I hope those are happy tears!" James looks at me in concern. I watch him and Luna exchange a look in the mirror before I turn back around.

"You guys like it?" I ignore James' question and blink away the tears.

"It looks like it was made for you," Jesse tells me honestly and I smile past the pain in my chest.

"I agree. You look great Charlie," Wayne adds.

"Seriously if you're doubting this dress, you're insane," James says. I wish it was the dress I doubted and not the man I'm about to marry.

"Thank you guys, really thank you." If it wasn't for them I think I'd have gone crazy by now.

Luna smiles warmly. "Of course Charlie! Now everything is ready for your big day! It's going to be perfect, just you wait and see!" 

_______________

So sorry for not updating in a while! I've been super busy and haven't been able to write as often as I'd like, but I promise updates will become more regular again! Enjoy! 

-Julia